GDT: Gm 31: BOS/PVD Bruins @ Calgary Flames | 12/10/13 | 930P ET | NESN, TSN |98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
This guy is awesome. It sucks that Eriksson is out, but at the same time, I don't mind that Smith is taking the spot on the 2nd line. The guy is actually really really good. It can't be stated enough that Smith is the Mike Lowell of the trade.

The parallels of the Ramirez and Beckett/Lowell trade are too similar to ignore. We got our 'star' (Eriksson) but the real deal might be Smith (Lowell). I'm a big fan of this kid.

So does that mean Reilly gets the Conn Smythe this year? :sarcasm:

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto

As a Canucks fan I'm not supposed to like the Bruins but it's really hard not to like how the team acts when they stand up for each other and in moments like this where they show the really classy gesture for Iginla. I have a lot of respect for Chara and also will never forget Iginla after what he did for Linden in his last game as well. Very classy, good work.

(Think of it more as a 'love to hate' relationship)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Smith > Seguin

I kid... But I love that net drive.

He certainly has been better this season for this team than Seguin was for us last year.

He's been playing like a vet, it's great

I honestly think if seguin had played top line minutes in the ahl and humbled a bit he would have grown as a player, and i wish chia hadnt signed him to the contract he did so soon but shoulda woulda coulda
Point is smith is a hugely present surprise

Since1989

Bring Back Sjostrom
Aug 20, 2010
Germany
I was at the game tonight and the Bruins fans I ran into were great ambassadors for your team, they also cheered like hell throughout that tribute and as Iginla made his several laps during his third star announcement. It was so cool seeing Z not let him off the ice and telling him to do more laps.

Now please get him that Cup.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I was at the game tonight and the Bruins fans I ran into were great ambassadors for your team, they also cheered like hell throughout that tribute and as Iginla made his several laps during his third star announcement. It was so cool seeing Z not let him off the ice and telling him to do more laps.

Now please get him that Cup.

Iggy never really got the chance to say goodbye and I think Chara got that Iggy and the fans needed and wanted that.

I think my favorite part of the game though was when Krejci scored and there was an older couple-wife in her Bruins jersey and hubby in his Flames and she was ribbing him. It was cute.

Bruins mostly stunk but they found a way to win.

I hope the flu but dies before they hit Edmonton.

Kaoz*

Iggy never really got the chance to say goodbye and I think Chara got that Iggy and the fans needed and wanted that.

I think my favorite part of the game though was when Krejci scored and there was an older couple-wife in her Bruins jersey and hubby in his Flames and she was ribbing him. It was cute.

Bruins mostly stunk but they found a way to win.

I hope the flu but dies before they hit Edmonton.

The cold should be good for it. What is it, like -100 in Edmonton right now?

The Iggy gesture was quite nice, well done by Chara and Co. making him stay out there. The Smith goal was fantastic and I was just about to complain no one was in front of the net when Krejci glided in for the perfectly timed tip on Krugs shot. The play by Krejci to maintain control of the puck when Krug broke his stick was simply awesome, really showcased Krejci at his best imo.

Hard to get on the Bruins for not putting in a full 60 when you look at the flu issue, the late callups and the sheer amount of inexperience they had on their roster last night. Edmonton worries me a little bit as that team is either very hot or very cold.

We could see an offensive explosion or they could struggle to get out of their own end all night. I don't think they'll get away with a win playing at the same level they did last night so hopefully they get up a bit better.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The cold should be good for it. What is it, like -100 in Edmonton right now?

The Iggy gesture was quite nice, well done by Chara and Co. making him stay out there. The Smith goal was fantastic and I was just about to complain no one was in front of the net when Krejci glided in for the perfectly timed tip on Krugs shot. The play by Krejci to maintain control of the puck when Krug broke his stick was simply awesome, really showcased Krejci at his best imo.

Hard to get on the Bruins for not putting in a full 60 when you look at the flu issue, the late callups and the sheer amount of inexperience they had on their roster last night. Edmonton worries me a little bit as that team is either very hot or very cold.

We could see an offensive explosion or they could struggle to get out of their own end all night. I don't think they'll get away with a win playing at the same level they did last night so hopefully they get up a bit better.

Just couldn`t quite stay up the whole game so missed the "good Bruins", only saw the "sloppy Bruins" which, to be honest, as you mentioned, a roster so altered by injury and upcoming suspension wasn`t unexpected.

Either way, I`m not sure it was lack of effort or a whole wack of personel just not used to one another?? 2pts in the bank, Habs lose by an unconverted touchdown, one exam done, not a bad little Tuesday;););)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
David Krejci was carrying the Bruins for most of that game. We'd be in big trouble without him.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
The puck was bouncing pretty bad in the 1st and 2nd period last night. I also noticed some really strange bounces off the glass in the 1st period. It really seemed to throw the team off. Calgary played a very good positional game. They parked their butts in the passing lanes and Boston adjusted in the 3rd.

All in all, if you takeaway the special moments for Iggy. This game was a snooze fest.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The puck was bouncing pretty bad in the 1st and 2nd period last night. I also noticed some really strange bounces off the glass in the 1st period. It really seemed to throw the team off. Calgary played a very good positional game. They parked their butts in the passing lanes and Boston adjusted in the 3rd.

All in all, if you takeaway the special moments for Iggy. This game was a snooze fest.

Beautiful gesture by the Flames but you could sure tell Iggy just couldn`t regain his focus for quite some time afterwards.

Calgary is a team I can like, lack of high end skill, but full of effort, haven`t been there in a while but Flames fans were a load of fun to mix with when I caught a few games there many moons ago

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Kevan Miller has looked better and better with each game.

He is making a good case for not being sent back to the AHL once the injured dmen return.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Kevan Miller has looked better and better with each game.

He is making a good case for not being sent back to the AHL once the injured dmen return.

if he plays 10 games i think he'll have to clear waivers, which he wont.

IrishBruin

Mar 17, 2011
Recife, Brasil
Beautiful gesture by the Flames but you could sure tell Iggy just couldn`t regain his focus for quite some time afterwards.

Calgary is a team I can like, lack of high end skill, but full of effort, haven`t been there in a while but Flames fans were a load of fun to mix with when I caught a few games there many moons ago

They didn't do it to be nice. They just wanted to throw Iggy off his game. Those sneaky Albertans :sarcasm:

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah he is up with the big club on emergency basis that has to impact his wavier status. all in all I'll take a win. With injuries and flu bug going around the team I think we make it through this road trip over 500 its a major factor for this team going forward.

It also show cases some of our younger guys that may demand a hefty trade value latter on in the year.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Chara! What a great captain. I dread the day he retires. It was so warm and funny to see Iginla's mates force him to take those laps. Bruins played like an AHL team (which they basically are right now) for the 1st 2 periods mostly, but turned it on in the 3rd. Spooner has skills and is super fast6, that pass to Fraser was sweet. Too bad Fraser didn't finish. But still lacking in the f/o dot. Krejci was very good, and Krug shined again. Miller played very well. We are blessed with Dmen right now. Smith with a great goal. Too bad Iggy is in a funk right now. Hope he goes on a tear soon. Overall, nice stretch of wins after that Montreal loss, considering all the turmoil and opponents :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad