GDT: GM#30 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @1:00pm 12/8/18

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don’t see the same things everyone else sees in Amadio. He looks to me like a Jordan Weal “skill fourth liner”, except he doesn’t flash the skill that often. Most nights, he looks like a softer Nick Shore. I hope I’m wrong and I want him to succeed - and obviously giving him five minutes of ice time won’t help him - I’m just not terribly optimistic.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I don’t see the same things everyone else sees in Amadio. He looks to me like a Jordan Weal “skill fourth liner”, except he doesn’t flash the skill that often. Most nights, he looks like a softer Nick Shore. I hope I’m wrong and I want him to succeed - and obviously giving him five minutes of ice time won’t help him - I’m just not terribly optimistic.
That’s because you’re not paying attention to the little things he does that better linemates would take advantage of. I’ve already posted in here that if Austin Wagner had anything that resembled touch he’d have 10+ goals and Amadio would have that many more assists. The kid is a puck hawking, playmaker who really needs to be centering his own line.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I really feel for Clifford. I bagged on him a lot but he was definitely one of the best players through this miserable season. When Anze wasn't doing anything Clifford was.

Hope he gets better soon and makes smart choices if his health is getting effected. He's young with kids.

Hope when hes healthy and decides to come back that he plays at the level he was before he got cheap shotted by Pierre "Not Known for it but has done it already a few times in a span of a year " Bellemare.

How dumb is Jim to forget about what he did less than a year ago.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I really feel for Clifford. I bagged on him a lot but he was definitely one of the best players through this miserable season. When Anze wasn't doing anything Clifford was.

Hope he gets better soon and makes smart choices if his health is getting effected. He's young with kids.

Hope when hes healthy and decides to come back that he plays at the level he was before he got cheap shotted by Pierre "Not Known for it but has done it already a few times in a span of a year " Bellemare.

How dumb is Jim to forget about what he did less than a year ago.

it's the same bullshit every time, too.

"oh Erik Haula isn't known for buttending, he would never do that."

"McNabb is gritty but he wouldn't go high on a former teammate."

"Oh Colin Miller is tough, he'd never dive."

Etc.

f*** the league's pet project, I was over it last year, I'm far over it now.

Reactions: Bandit

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
it's the same bull**** every time, too.

Etc.

**** the league's pet project, I was over it last year, I'm far over it now.

Their team is hated by many for similar reasons. They're a very cheap team, the whole lot of them. Carrier snapping his head back today and the dive by Marchessault. They intentionally keep going after our players.

They are doing it on purpose. Gallant employs this tactic when he had Reaves roaming around the end of the game last season when the Kings were winning in the REGULAR season.

A cheap coach will employ cheap tactics.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
it's the same bull**** every time, too.

Etc.

**** the league's pet project, I was over it last year, I'm far over it now.

Think your bias is starting to show there,

Haula 4 years in Minnesota, never known to do anything dirty or cheap,

McNabb 3 years in LA, I must have missed all the he is dirty, cheap posts

Miller, 2 seasons in Boston, not known for diving...

Bellemar, 3 seasons in Philly, full seasons, highest PIM was 27 minutes...in 72 games, so he's not known for cheap hits etc.

Crap happens in the heat of the moment, during the game, guys can do something stupid, and still not be known for plays like that.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Their team is hated by many for similar reasons. They're a very cheap team, the whole lot of them. Carrier snapping his head back today and the dive by Marchessault. They intentionally keep going after our players.

They are doing it on purpose. Gallant employs this tactic when he had Reaves roaming around the end of the game last season when the Kings were winning in the REGULAR season.

A cheap coach will employ cheap tactics.

Reminds me of Hedman on Clifford too, with everyone rushing to his defense on a clearly premeditated revenge hit.

I could swap nameplates between Filip Forsberg, Marchessault, Arvidsson, Haula, and any number of players between VGK, Nashville, and Calgary and the only way you'd be able to tell them apart is handedness of stick.

Sick of this f***ing league and it's unaccountable diving hacks. I can cheer for any team who will at least attempt to stay on their feet. Now Castoff #24 will get away with ruining a career because his previous several incidents became the catch-22 that is "we won't suspend him for that unless he's a repeat offender."

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Bellemar, 3 seasons in Philly, full seasons, highest PIM was 27 minutes...in 72 games, so he's not known for cheap hits etc.

Crap happens in the heat of the moment, during the game, guys can do something stupid, and still not be known for plays like that.

Here, I'll do your homework on the first one for free:

Butt end on Kopitar needs no link.

Well look at that, another butt end.

Never said any of these guys are Tom Wilson, but there's a lot of grey area between "average player" and "axe murderer." The latest wave of rats are pretty high up on the scale. Never mind the diving, that's another issue entirely. But they get off scot free every time because "not repeat offender."

Bellemare himself has a few, so we'll see if the Clifford thing gets some attention. History says no. But Rosen seemed pretty pissed so there may be a lobby there.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Here, I'll do your homework on the first one for free:

Butt end on Kopitar needs no link.

Well look at that, another butt end.

Never said any of these guys are Tom Wilson, but there's a lot of grey area between "average player" and "axe murderer." The latest wave of rats are pretty high up on the scale. Never mind the diving, that's another issue entirely. But they get off scot free every time because "not repeat offender."

Bellemare himself has a few, so we'll see if the Clifford thing gets some attention. History says no. But Rosen seemed pretty pissed so there may be a lobby there.

Usually your much better than this,

First, you complain about Haula's butt-end on Kopitar, insinuating that he's known for that, then you post a clip that shows Haula doing something AFTER that butt-end, but not only that, you literally showed a clip that shows you what I said, that players do things in the HEAT of the game, and here, SCF game whatever, they are losing, he gets hit high and late, and he literally turns and lashes out, and made contact with the butt-end, sure, that's a penalty, but seriously, if that's the clip that you are gonna stand on to say Haula's a cheap player, I dunno what to tell you, that's a play that happens 90% of the time in scrums.

Second, you then post a clip about Haula plowing Lehtonen, and you can clearly hear the announcers saying his back leg got hooked on the defenders, and he couldn't get out of the way, now he didn't try very hard either, I will give you that, but again, driving the net, gets tied up, and helmet to helmet, again, things happen in the middle of the game...

Again, I get it, you hate Vegas....like Sol hates Quick....irrationally.....but plays like the ones you showed, aren't anything extreme or out of the ordinary.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That guy doesn't do bad things.

*posts similar bad things*

moves goalposts

Yeah, pretty well expected that, I could have written the response post myself at this point.

Point is, I didn't even audit their entire histories, just that each guy has recent incidents that are similar but VGK as a whole escapes punishment because so many of them have scattered individual issues instead of one 'horribly dirty' player. And I'm glad I didn't because we all know evidence doesn't work on you so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter James Bond II

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That guy doesn't do bad things.

*posts similar bad things*

moves goalposts

Yeah, pretty well expected that, I could have written the response post myself at this point.

Not even close, it's like you ignored the last paragraph of my post because it didn't fit your bias.

I clearly said players do stupid shit in heat of the moment during games, doesn't mean they have a reputation of cheap shit. You showed TWO plays out of hundreds of games, thousands of shifts and want people to believe haula has a reputation? Seriously?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Read the last freaking paragraph before you start saying stupid shit about goalposts

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not even close, it's like you ignored the last paragraph of my post because it didn't fit your bias.

I clearly said players do stupid **** in heat of the moment during games, doesn't mean they have a reputation of cheap ****. You showed TWO plays out of hundreds of games, thousands of shifts and want people to believe haula has a reputation? Seriously?

I literally said they don't have reps but they should. Maybe I'll write it in crayon next time so you can better understand it before you twist your own argument into a pretzel while turning red.

Not gonna indulge your usual garbage tonight though, enjoy.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I literally said they don't have reps but they should. Maybe I'll write it in crayon next time so you can better understand it before you twist your own argument into a pretzel while turning red.

Lol I get it, your bitching about players because they don't have reps and you think they should, hence my comment, your bias is showing.

Probably a reason they dont have reps or aren't known as cheap players, wouldn't you think?

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I'm not buying the heat of the moment bullshit. You dont buttend someones head without knowing what you're doing. Slash a leg, face wash, even a punch is heat of the moment.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009

What did you expect out of any conversation with Individual #1? Stop falling for this, dude.

Reactions: Dooney

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I havent forgetten that butt-end that Haula did to Kopi.. and there were no reprisals in that game or the next one. Haula is a clown - that was a premeditated move.. and all because he got a little cross check in the slot. Also, you dont do that to our best player and get away with it... thats another case of the Kings being soft.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not buying the heat of the moment bull****. You dont buttend someones head without knowing what you're doing. Slash a leg, face wash, even a punch is heat of the moment.

Bullseye.

Not even in the NHL, in my 30 years in the game, I know maybe 2 players with multiple butt ending incidents, and one is Erik Haula.

My real complaint is that we can have this discussion because they don't get labeled repeat offenders despite repeatedly offending so they get treated with kid gloves instead.

Hell how much do you know the NHL isn't even going to do shit to VGK? Ryan Reaves can blindside Tom Wilson and not only get away with it despite spotlight, you can autograph pictures of Tom WIlson getting injured and have the league look the other way. f*** Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad