GDT: GM#30 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @1:00pm 12/8/18

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Wondering if Bellemare is going to get suspended for the hit to the head to Clifford that was plain as day.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'm not buying the heat of the moment bull****. You dont buttend someones head without knowing what you're doing. Slash a leg, face wash, even a punch is heat of the moment.

Watch the video that RJ posted of Haula and Orpik, that's clearly heat of the moment....

All I am saying is that RJ has an irrational hate of Vegas and it's players, and it clouded his judgement on a few plays, the only player I really dislike on that time is Reaves, and probably Marchessault, Marchessault uses his stick way too much, and Reaves I think takes too many liberties that are on the edge of the line.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Bullseye.

Not even in the NHL, in my 30 years in the game, I know maybe 2 players with multiple butt ending incidents, and one is Erik Haula.

My real complaint is that we can have this discussion because they don't get labeled repeat offenders despite repeatedly offending so they get treated with kid gloves instead.

Hell how much do you know the NHL isn't even going to do **** to VGK? Ryan Reaves can blindside Tom Wilson and not only get away with it despite spotlight, you can autograph pictures of Tom WIlson getting injured and have the league look the other way. **** Vegas.

Except, he didn't get away with it, it was called a major and a game, and when they reviewed it, it wasn't shoulder to head, it was shoulder to shoulder.

The autograph crap was apparently destroyed, and you don't know if the league will look the other way or not....

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Watch the video that RJ posted of Haula and Orpik, that's clearly heat of the moment....

All I am saying is that RJ has an irrational hate of Vegas and it's players, and it clouded his judgement on a few plays, the only player I really dislike on that time is Reaves, and probably Marchessault, Marchessault uses his stick way too much, and Reaves I think takes too many liberties that are on the edge of the line.

As a coach, if I saw one of my players butt-end someone in the chest, I'd be peeling the paint off the walls, but you seem cool with it. so shrug, different strokes I guess.

Haula keeps getting the benefit of the doubt with 'plausible deniability' much like Marchessault because he's a hard worker and keeps moving but has a history of 'accidentally on purpose' moments as well as snapping and doing disgusting stick shit as evidenced. full stop.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Whether or not the player is "KNOWN" the fact is he has a "history". So this sentiment argument is stupidly perpetuated.

And comparing a player who has 340 career games compared to Doughty (who has 800) or Brown with over 1000 games is conflating the issue.

Plus neither of them have done **** like butt-ending. It sure as **** wouldn't be defensible as "heat of the moment."

Not to mention, didn't Carrier play the next game?

Clifford has been taken out.

Some people want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Except, he didn't get away with it, it was called a major and a game, and when they reviewed it, it wasn't shoulder to head, it was shoulder to shoulder.

The autograph crap was apparently destroyed, and you don't know if the league will look the other way or not....

Doughty was suspended 1 playoff game for less than Reaves did, and Reaves bragged about it afterwards: ""That was a man's game out there," Reaves said after the game. "I thought he was just looking at his pass, and he ran into a lion in the jungle."

then came out and autographed pictures of the incident.

Like what kind of clown show shit is it that you can do that and get away with it? f*** Vegas. This happened 4 days ago now, if the league was going to get involved, they would have. Instead, VGK as always gets to outright mock the review process. So yeah, they're looking the other way.

Absolutely I'm biased, f*** that team--but the facts are the facts as well, those aren't biased, you just paint your own reality.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Nothing will come of it. Maybe he'll get a call from the league telling him to promise not to do it again. Vegas has a permanent get out of jail free card with the league.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It’s frustrating to not understand what the criteria for punishment is when a player is hit in the head by another player’s body.

What must occur for an on ice penalty to be assessed? And for supplemental discipline, what is taken into account?

The league has come a long way, but obviously people are left scratching their head at what happened with Clifford. From what I saw, Bellemare led with his shoulder and hit Clifford in the face after he swung it upwards. So a high hit to the head, with no other body contact prior to or after it.

No call on the ice, no supplemental discipline. I hope Cliffy takes as much time needed to heal up. The Kings will miss him in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad