Post-Game Talk: [GM 30] Canucks lose to Jets | 1-5 | Horvat

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
It is very hard to make sweeping changes in the cap era. It can only be Incremental. The players this management have added have been pretty good, with Kuzmenko and Mikhyev being the most productive time. Lazar has looked good. Our new 4th line looks good with Joshua. Another year is required to give a fair assessment.

Reactions: Indiana

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I was at the game.

This has to be one of the worst games I’ve seen live. It looks even worse in person than on TV. The Jets did an amazing job clogging EVERYTHING up. Since when did they get this good?

We suck.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I mean what do you expect him to say? reveal all the trade talks that he has had?

obviously he shouldn't disclose much, when the team has been reporting talking trade with other teams.

English is not his first language, we know that, he's not gonna sound good like a politician saying nothing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Why didn't Scott Oake ask him about the decision to re-up Miller for eight seasons? Based on his effort tonight, that might be the worst signing of any Canuck era...period.

Canucks can only hope his interest gets re-ignited in a hurry.....because they're basically stuck with him until late 30's. Can you just imagine J.T. Miller as a 36-year old? Yikes!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Teams shot selections is collectively trash. Shoot when they should pass, pass when they should shoot. When they do shoot, it's a bake sale.

Sometimes ya gotta just rip er.

Jets aren't doing anything special, lots of turnovers from them, not particularly pressing anything.

We desperately need a real goalie.

Hell Braydon Holtby OR Jaro Halak would be a Godsend right now...

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
This whole thing just makes me realize that i would've absolutely hated playing goal today.

You're not playing a position anymore. You're deploying a system.
Really? I disagree. It's probably the most interesting time to be a goalie. All the best guys can improvise and be creative when the system goes out the window.

There's an awesome cat and mouse between the goalies and shooters at the moment. Goalies have traditionally led the way in terms of coming up with techniques to stop players, but now the players have caught on and are developing counter techniques finally.

To me it's great and shows that both sides are evolving and improving.

I dunno the systems are not that hard if you ask me and I don't get to practice like back in the day.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I laughed out loud! 6 games shy of 1000 (on 7 teams) and the crew lavishing praise on him after the game especially for his leadership. And to think how many times I've been flamed on this board for having a soft spot for him...

Aren't you supposed to be cautioning everyone that he has never played an 82 game season?

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
It is very hard to make sweeping changes in the cap era. It can only be Incremental. The players this management have added have been pretty good, with Kuzmenko and Mikhyev being the most productive time. Lazar has looked good. Our new 4th line looks good with Joshua. Another year is required to give a fair assessment.
They still suck.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
I mean what do you expect him to say? reveal all the trade talks that he has had?

obviously he shouldn't disclose much, when the team has been reporting talking trade with other teams.

English is not his first language, we know that, he's not gonna sound good like a politician saying nothing.
I legit do not understand their aversion to rebuilding. Like its not a full on tear it down - Pete, Hughes, Kuzmenko can be the older part of the core while the add for expiring deals.

The Horvat trade should ideally land a 1st + Solid prospect + expiring cap dump (or just retain).

I can see it now the "well we ran out of time" and "its hard to make trades" at the TDL conference when neither Bo or Schenn get traded

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Why didn't Scott Oake ask him about the decision to re-up Miller for eight seasons? Based on his effort tonight, that might be the worst signing of any Canuck era...period.

Canucks can only hope his interest gets re-ignited in a hurry.....because they're basically stuck with him until late 30's. Can you just imagine J.T. Miller as a 36-year old? Yikes
?Ericksson, Beagle, Poolman, Myers and well almost every other UFA the last 10 years before last year.. Miller was their best player over last 3 years before this year.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I legit do not understand their aversion to rebuilding. Like its not a full on tear it down - Pete, Hughes, Kuzmenko can be the older part of the core while the add for expiring deals.

The Horvat trade should ideally land a 1st + Solid prospect + expiring cap dump (or just retain).

I can see it now the "well we ran out of time" and "its hard to make trades" at the TDL conference when neither Bo or Schenn get traded
It's not just about age, but contracts as well. Sure, EP, Hughes and Kuz leading a future, yet to be added core, sounds nice... but it's awfully wishful.

EP has already been difficult in negotiations, Hughes is American, which doesn't historically bode well for staying above the border, and Kuz is a wildcard. These guys aren't much different age wise to Bo/JT/Demko at the end of their current deals.

The 'futures' acquired, if keeping guys like EP/Hughes, better be ready to be presents, really damn fast. Otherwise, it's the same discussion all over again, just different name bars.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I called out PA and JR as a useless team long ago

They both talked a big game and have been utterly incompetent

I said people would come to hate this duo and look at where we are now

Don’t want (or not allowed) to rebuild yet this group is lazy and entitled

This team has no direction on a structured future, so sick of this pathetic franchise

Go Kraken, our new hope. Would be nice if sportsnet carried their games so we can have a smooth transition to be able to become hard core fans of our new favourite Pacific Northwest franchise. Canucks are a dead franchise folks, Kraken are our future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad