GDT: Gm 30: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 12/8/13 | 7P ET | NESN, RDS2 |98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Glad to know Miller's is only a minor injury.

Great game by Johnson.

Lucic continues in beast mode. Did he work on his power skating in the off season? He seems to have another gear this year.

Nice to see Iggy score.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Normally Phaneuf is clean. He throws big hits, but he doesn't know when to. He pinches at awful times and costs his team goals. It benefits the other team mostly, see Krejci's ot goal, and it's usually clean, so he just ends up being a moron.

In this play, he's just dirty and a moron.

Actually he usually is clean-he is more likely to chase hits and leave himself out of position but I don't think he is dirty.

This play was bad-but I actually think it was more chasing a hit than intent to board him. S was a bad hit and I am still flabbergasted that the refs didn't call it. This was an easy call for the refs IMO, but you know they have to get those nasty, dangerous hooks out of the game.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I used to be a broadcaster and still do it occasionally for fun.

As a broadcaster you are trained to call the game from a neutral point of view and call the game without prejudice openly and honestly.

The rules are being severely bent here.

Media has to stop tilting and start being real.

Fans see through altered media agenda now..

ps: thorntons hit was tame as to what happened tonight on the ice in toronto. If Thorntons off season buddy doesn't cave it's probably 2 or 4 minutes for roughing, that's it. Orpik deserves an acadamey award for that one last night, he even wears a visor and it is not clear if he even took a glove to the chin or not. It wasn't like 22 tried to murder the guy, I think a 2 games suspension is fair ( not really) only because Orps went out on a stretcher. No stretcher, and it's a double minor at best.

The media was bored the other night had nothing better to do than make a mole in to a mountain.

Hopefully Shanihan's not wearing rose colored glasses when he speaks to 22. Thorts obviously felt bad, I mean it was his off season friend that got slapped two times in the visor. Really, it wsn't a big deal if you compare any of the other hits, even Scotts a month ago on Erickson and the hit on Erickson yesterday , with the puck 20 meteres away was a BRUTAl non-call.

Tonight Phaneuff should get 10 games minimum..that was an attempt to Injure intentiaonally!!

Very well articulated. You're dead on. People need to step out of the box and realize they're being sucked into this sensationalized, one-sided crap. Fans' definition of "neutral" now is beyond pathetic. I'm getting close to believing people are actually seeing things happen on the ice in front of them that aren't actually happening solely because of their fan allegiance.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We better hope Johnny is ready for Tuesday..

Some combo of Chara, Seids, Krug, Bart, Miller, Morrow, and Warsofsky. Holy God.

Going beyond talent, take away the 22-23+ minutes both Dougie and Boychuk can play.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Some combo of Chara, Seids, Krug, Bart, Miller, Morrow, and Warsofsky. Holy God.

Going beyond talent, take away the 22-23+ minutes both Dougie and Boychuk can play.

Honestly, I'll be suprised if Johnny is able to play. Heard he was still having trouble walking at the game last night. He isn't human if he does play...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Think we may see Trotman before Warsofsky? Zach is bigger, built more similar to Dougie (6'3" 220) and with one smurf in the lineup already, I think the B's will try to avoid another. Also, Trotman is a RH shot, which the B's could really use.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

Someone (Chiarelli, I guess) must be saluted as there seems to be no end to the riches the Bruins possess at defense.

Instead of relying on...

Shane Hnidy (liked him, of course)
Mike Mottau
Greg Zanon
Matt Hunwick (liked him)
Steven Kampfer (liked him)
Wade Redden
Aaron Johnson

...there are actually young guys possibly ready to step in for the long haul.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Someone (Chiarelli, I guess) must be saluted as there seems to be no end to the riches the Bruins possess at defense.

Instead of relying on...

Shane Hnidy (liked him, of course)
Mike Mottau
Greg Zanon
Matt Hunwick (liked him)
Steven Kampfer (liked him)
Wade Redden
Aaron Johnson

...there are actually young guys possibly ready to step in for the long haul.

I actually tremble when I realize Hnidy was our 7th D-man in the cup run. Team player and great guy but I'll take our current kids to Hnidy.

But I will say Chia has put together a pretty nice stable of prospects in Providence.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
anyone have a good explaination on what the hell phaneuf was doing on the iginla goal? I swear to god he makes some strange decisions out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad