Post-Game Talk: [GM 3] Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals | 4 - 6 Loss (Pettersson, Horvat, Lazar, Miller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: October 17th, 4:00PM PST
WHERE: Capital One Arena, Washington, DC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup:

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser
Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Lazar
Garland - Miller - Podkolzin
Joshua - Aman - Hoglander

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Burroughs
Rathbone - Stillman

Demko

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
How is it that plugs like Horvat and Pearson stay in the top 9 yet Hogs get put on the fourth line. Is Bruce trying to get himself fired?
Bo is AT best a 3rd line centre on almost every team in the NHL

First line centre? Laughable

Now Bruce has put all his underachievers on one line

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
How us is that plugs like Horvat and Pearson stay in the top 9 yet Hogs get put on the fourth line. Is Bruce trying to get himself fired?

No is AT best a 3rd line centre on almost every team in the NHL

Now the Canucks are wasting Podz by putting him with 2 plugs

My initial thought was the same but Hoglander had an outstanding shift with the 4th line last night. Someone in the GDT mentioned that maybe Hoglander should get more time there as he’s way more assertive with them and too deferential with Kuzmenko and Pettersson. He has the potential to turn the 4th line into a minute eating possession monster.

If Mikheyev comes back Pearson or Boeser are the guys that need to get scratched. Could give an excuse that Boeser needs a maintenance day after missing training camp and there’s back to back games.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I liked angry Hog last game, would’ve kept him in the top 9. Lazar is a fish out of water in any role outside of a 4th line energy/checking role.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Very very strong possibility we start 0-5

People last year kept saying “its too early to worry…lots of games left”

Unfortunately we know how that turned out

Nhl set up up for failure with this schedule, our crap play is not helping

Way too many passengers collecting paycheques not willing to put in the effort

Reactions: theguardianII

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
How is it that plugs like Horvat and Pearson stay in the top 9 yet Hogs get put on the fourth line. Is Bruce trying to get himself fired?
Bo is AT best a 3rd line centre on almost every team in the NHL

Now Bruce has put all his underachievers on one line

He’s had a bad 2 games but takes like this are embarrassing.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I look at those lines and nothing makes sense. Why even toy with the idea of putting a journeyman 4th liner in a top 6 role while anchoring Hoglander on the 4th line after his best game since early last year? Why have the 3 worst skaters on the same line...on the road no less. If I am the Capitals head coach then I am putting the Ovie line against them at every opportunity.

Bruce Boudreau will be the first coach fired this season. It's this sort of bs that eventually got him out of favour in Anaheim and Minnesota. You got the sense management was hesitant on bringing him back but elected to when no other viable options were on the table.

Frank Seravalli made a prediction on this.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Bruce Boudreau will be the first coach fired this season. It's this sort of bs that eventually got him out of favour in Anaheim and Minnesota. You got the sense management was hesitant on bringing him back but elected to when no other viable options were on the table.

And there were a few posters here that roasted Seravalli for it...

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I look at those lines and nothing makes sense. Why even toy with the idea of putting a journeyman 4th liner in a top 6 role while anchoring Hoglander on the 4th line after his best game since early last year? Why have the 3 worst skaters on the same line...on the road no less. If I am the Capitals head coach then I am putting the Ovie line against them at every opportunity.

100% he's the first to go.

It was apparent mgmt was not fully onboard with him and brought him back due to the 2nd half record and affinity with the fan base (both valid).

But he was (and is) on a short leash.

There's a reason Yeo was brought on.

My guess? Yeo is named interim coach before American Thanksgiving.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Not really pleased that Lazar moves off the fourth line. He hasn’t impressed me. Looks poor with the puck, slow and pretty soft. With that said, I understand Bruce’s want to shake up the lineup but would have hoped Mikheyev would do that.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
He’s had a bad 2 games but takes like this are embarrassing.
1665939633398.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad