Pre-Game Talk: GM 3: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 5 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
But the hated Leafs won...double edged sword.
Take the lesser of the two evils - though I don't particularly dislike the Leafs team/roster (other than Nonis) - can't say the same about the Bruins (dislike the players/coach/owner/etc.,).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
They aren't wining anything this year. They might pull off the series, but this team won't get out of the second round regardless. I'd rather not hear about how it was Luongo fault once again when they do lose.

nobody is just blaming Luongo for the loss

Sedins are really the ones receiving the criticism

John Bender*

They aren't wining anything this year. They might pull off the series, but this team won't get out of the second round regardless. I'd rather not hear about how it was Luongo fault once again when they do lose.

If they come back and win this series, they will have to be playing crazy good - so I can see them winning another round.

John Bender*

You'd rather hear about how it was Schneider's fault....makes sense. :rolleyes:

He respects his edler......maybe that's his problem. Edler is horse-**** and a prime reason for this team not playing well.

Respect Your Edler

Thank You 52
Sep 27, 2006
China
Plenty of people are saying that the team could have won with Schneider in net. I keep hearing how Luongo let the team down at the end yet again. I guess I'd rather see their delusions crushed now rather than later so I that I won't have to hear about how Schneider is the savior.

Edler did play poorly, but I'm keeping the name because it's great.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
He respects his edler......maybe that's his problem. Edler is horse-**** and a prime reason for this team not playing well.

Edler has been a mess the last 2 playoff series...but I'm inclined to blame the coaching when it comes to our defense on the whole. IMO their deficiencies are abundantly apparent yet the coaches do nothing to put them in a situation where they might mitigate the weaknesses.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Plenty of people are saying that the team could have won with Schneider in net. I keep hearing how Luongo let the team down at the end yet again. I guess I'd rather see their delusions crushed now rather than later so I that I won't have to hear about how Schneider is the savior.

Edler did play poorly, but I'm keeping the name because it's great.

There is no "savior" for this team...it's going to need to be a complete team effort in order to win.

John Bender*

Edler has been a mess the last 2 playoff series...but I'm inclined to blame the coaching when it comes to our defense on the whole. IMO their deficiencies are abundantly apparent yet the coaches do nothing to put them in a situation where they might mitigate the weaknesses.

The players on the ice in the final minute last night were ridiculous. The twins can't play in their own end. For instances like that it should be Kesler, Higgins, Lappierre, Burrows, Garrison, Hamhuis. Take a timeout if you have to. Keep Casual Kev, Special Edler, and the nitwits off the ice.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
The players on the ice in the final minute last night were ridiculous. The twins can't play in their own end. For instances like that it should be Kesler, Higgins, Lappierre, Burrows, Garrison, Hamhuis. Take a timeout if you have to. Keep Casual Kev, Special Edler, and the nitwits off the ice.

Hansen, Roy, anyone you're see on the PK besides Ebbett really. Or just don't put the puck into the slot for no reason?

John Bender*

There is no "savior" for this team...it's going to need to be a complete team effort in order to win.

Kesler is pretty close. That was an epic performance last night. Linden was like that in '94. These are the types of players you need to win. The Sedins are not these kinds of players.

I know it's unlikely and a very difficult concept, but I wish the team would look at moving the twins for some younger blue chip types. I hope Gillis explores it.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
A huge part of the problem is the craptastic PP. The Sedins need to stop trying to make cute plays all of the time and Edler needs to be off the point. Fast, crisp passes and not so much hanging onto the puck like a deer in the headlights until the lane closes.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hola! Wow i just came from the canucks board and this place is bumpin! After putting the pieces of my broken heart back together after game 2 i say Canucks in 6!!! I feel a big comeback is in store! Kesler will have another MONSTER performance that will inspire the rest of the guys!

:5:

I'm gonna have this stapled onto our boards, you heard it hear folks! :laugh:

RoyalRed

Apr 8, 2013

I'm afraid I have to agree with this here.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
A huge part of the problem is the craptastic PP. The Sedins need to stop trying to make cute plays all of the time and Edler needs to be off the point. Fast, crisp passes and not so much hanging onto the puck like a deer in the headlights until the lane closes.

Could try no Daniel on the 1st PP unit.

Roy - Hank - Burrows
Kesler - Garry

Or if you wanna get crazy.

Kesler - Hank - Burrows/Roy
Corrado - Garry

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
AV must figure out how to get the twins going if we are going to come back in this series. The obvious answer is to put Kassian on their line. He's shown a spark in this series, and he's played well with them previously. That's one change. We also need something else from the D pairings. I'm not sure what to say about it because without Tanev there are no clear answers. But it's clear Edler-Bieksa is a disaster right now, mostly because of Edler.

This team can come back. Last night the difference between a solid effort that ends in heartbreak and a dominating win is a good night from the twins. We need them to find some kind of spark, somehow.

I've never blamed coaching for this club's failures. I've said that I think AV is borderline hall of fame if he wins a cup. But AV and his staff aren't impressing me with what they've done in this series. Too passive wrt adjustments, too much emphasis on physical play, too much Ebbett. But I still think if they can get the twins going we can win this series.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
In order to jumpstart the offense, AV should split the twins.

Burrows-Hank-Kass

Daniel-Kesler-Hansen

Lapierre-Roy-Higgins

Raymond-JS-Weise

Defense pairings can remain, though I much prefer Bieksa and Hamhuis together.

Depends on how Garrison and Edler can do together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad