Pre-Game Talk: GM 3: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 5 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
I'm not sure why people want to start Schneider in the middle of a series when he hasn't played in 2 weeks. Its not like its Luongo's fault we haven't won yet.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Suit up a team full of goons, have them run every one of the Sharks players. Come back and win 4 in a row against San Jose's AHL team.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
True. It really isnt.......but........you do wonder if we win last night with Schneider in. I have seen Schneider get across better on those 2 on 1s. Luongo always lunges in those instances.....then there's the issue with the tying goal. That's the Luongo special - he has to have more allowed goals in the final minute of games than any other goaltender around.

Like Quick? Teams generally put on a lot of pressure at the end if they're down. If you can't clear the zone of course there's a good chance the other team will score. Especially if you throw it into the slot for no reason with a Shark right there.

John Bender*

I'm not sure why people want to start Schneider in the middle of a series when he hasn't played in 2 weeks. Its not like its Luongo's fault we haven't won yet.

Luongo just has not won yet......that's all. Schneider was our MVP all season and played stretches where people thought he was in the Vezina conversation. Luongo has not played like for a LONG time.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
why the **** are we even debating goalies

im so sick of people arguing over luongo and schneider, especially when theres nothing to argue

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
gameplan:

forwards: just ****ing shoot, specially Sedins. stop double clutching the damn puck
defensemen: pull yer head of of yer ***** and make the simple breakouts. hanging into the puck, then making a useless stretchpass or a dumbass around teh boards play end up in turnovers and then in the back of our net
goalies; keep being awesome

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
why the **** are we even debating goalies

im so sick of people arguing over luongo and schneider, especially when theres nothing to argue

Because the grass is always greener. But but but Schneider might have had that tying goal. Yeah but he might have let in one of the great stops that Lu made.

And now that Lu is on a roll and Schneider is cold, now is not the time to make a goalie change just for the sake of change. Did Schneider win us the LA series after he was put in? Didn't make any difference did it. We simply can't score enough goals.

John Bender*

Like Quick? Teams generally put on a lot of pressure at the end if they're down. If you can't clear the zone of course there's a good chance the other team will score. Especially if you throw it into the slot for no reason with a Shark right there.

Quick allows goals in the final minute all the time?

Luongo's final minute inability to shut the door seems well documented.......I mean, game 7 Chicago, Gold Medal Game, last night.....countless regular season games where he has shutouts and loses them in the last minute.

John Bender*

Because the grass is always greener. But but but Schneider might have had that tying goal. Yeah but he might have let in one of the great stops that Lu made.

And now that Lu is on a roll and Schneider is cold, now is not the time to make a goalie change just for the sake of change. Did Schneider win us the LA series after he was put in? Didn't make any difference did it. We simply can't score enough goals.

Lu is on a roll? When was his last win? The guy has lost like 5 straight, including two playoff games, no?

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
When was Schneider's last playoff win? Lu has been making some great saves but I guess your hatred for him won't let you see that.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
If there is a lane drive to the net. I don't care if your name is Sedin or Raymond or whatever, drive to the net. Also no flybys, skate to the goalie and stop, don't skate past the far post. Going to the net doesn't necessarily mean that is the guy who scores, sometimes he's the distraction that allows someone to score.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
When was Schneider's last playoff win? Lu has been making some great saves but I guess your hatred for him won't let you see that.

canucks have lost 8 of their last 9 playoff games, schneider won the only outlier (as an aside, can't believe luongo has lost 6 straight playoff games)

if schneider is 100% healthy then why wouldn't he start? that was supposed to be the point of trying to trade luongo at the deadline and schneider was spectacular in his last game played against chicago

at this point the canucks pretty much need bernie parent to get back into this series and luongo, while being the best canuck collectively over the first two games, wasn't able to be bernie parent...maybe schneider can get crazy hot, who knows

Respect Your Edler

Thank You 52
Sep 27, 2006
China
Because "shutting people up" on a message board is more important than your favourite team winning? What's wrong with you??

They aren't wining anything this year. They might pull off the series, but this team won't get out of the second round regardless. I'd rather not hear about how it was Luongo fault once again when they do lose.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
Yeah I forgot about the LA win lol. I seriously don't care which goalie starts, I just think Schneider would be a bit rusty at first after not playing for so long which could be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad