Pre-Game Talk: GM 3: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 5 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

GO CANUCKS GO!
RE_2011_05_25T050910Z_01_VAN35_RTRMDNP_3_NHL.jpg

large.png
@
large.png

Sharks lead Series 2-0

WHEN: Sunday May 5th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: HP Pavillion, San Jose, CA
TV: TSN
RADIO: TEAM1040 (Vancouver)

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Roy - Lapierre
Weise - Ebbett - Kassian

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Alberts - Corrado

Luongo

San Jose Sharks' Starting Lineup:
Galiardi - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Havlat
Torres - Pavelski - Wingels
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish

Irwin - Boyle
Vlasic - Braun
Stuart - Hannan

Niemi

Game Notes:
- Vancouver G Cory Schneider is on the plane to San Jose, prompting speculation that he may start Game 3.
- Vancouver F Jordan Schroeder is also headed to San Jose, prompting speculation that he may replace Andrew Ebbett in Game 3.
- Vancouver D Chris Tanev has also travelled to San Jose. His status remains questionable.​

Henrik To Daniel

Jun 16, 2012
Burnaby
We don't have as good of a prospect pool as the Pens and can't afford to deal them. Simple stuff

Once again, terrible asset management by Mike Gillis and co.

Pittsburgh has been a top team for a number of years just like the Canucks, yet they still draft well with later picks and can afford to make them expendable for playoff runs.

Henrik To Daniel

Jun 16, 2012
Burnaby
I kindly request that the picture of that plug Bieksa be removed from the OP and be replaced with someone more suitable... such as Luongo

M A K A V E L I*

Kelser should do one of those Toews "expose them for what they are" interviews.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Has anyone been to a playoff game this year? That photograph/audio tribute they had before the game started was ****ing incredible. The projector showed freeze frames of Linden, Bure, Naslund, Henrik, proceeded by pictures of the 2011 run with the commentating in the back. It almost had me in tears... yeah, I'm pretty sappy. :laugh:

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
The opposite of my predictions doesn't keep happening.

I am not predicting the opposite of what will happen.

The Canucks will lose very badly.

The first two lines are not predictions and I am not saying the opposite of what I want to happen.

JA

Has anyone been to a playoff game this year? That photograph/audio tribute they had before the game started was ****ing incredible. The projector showed freeze frames of Linden, Bure, Naslund, Henrik, proceeded by pictures of the 2011 run with the commentating in the back. It almost had me in tears... yeah, I'm pretty sappy. :laugh:

You can watch it here from an overhead angle at 1:17:

This year's Streets entrance is terrific. I especially like how the organist and guitarist play the opening portion live. It gives the arena a very unique atmosphere.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Pittsburgh has been a top team for a number of years just like the Canucks, yet they still draft well with later picks and can afford to make them expendable for playoff runs.

And Edmonton will be able to do the same (success wise we'll see) with their assets. Why... BECAUSE THEY SUCKED A$$ for almost a decade and have numerous 1st round draft picks on their roster.

When you have Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal (now dealt) you can afford to trade your later picks.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Besides the Sedins, some other guys that need to step up (and have been invisible): Raymond, Roy, Higgins. This is basically the second line, is it not?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
You can watch it here from an overhead angle at 1:17:

This year's Streets entrance is terrific. I especially like how the organist and guitarist play the opening portion live. It gives the arena a very unique atmosphere.

Awesome! Thanks. First playoff game I have ever been to, and it was terrific (except for the result).

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Let's hope bs reffing calls don't kill our momentum. I am still pretty ticked at that Garrison crosschecking call.

Zejono

Feb 20, 2013
If the sedins absolutely do nothing in this game, then when their contracts are up they should be offered 4- 4.5 mill and if they dont like it then walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad