Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Canucks def. Kings 8-2 (Hughes, Edler, Tanev, Pettersson, Leivo, Miller, Sutterx2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Would like to see this forward combo at some point

Baertschi-Pettersson-Miller
Pearson-Horvat-Boeser
Ferland-Gaudette-Leivo
Virtanen-Beagle-MacEwen
Roussell subs in when healthy.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Kings seem to have some hurt pride that they are using for motivation early in the season. It won't last of course and eventually the lack of talent will sink them but right now they are playing with energy and passion.

Canucks need a good start and if a home opener doesn't prompt that good start then there are some fundamental things wrong with the team beyond player ability. I'm not sure what happens...I'm going with a 4-3 canuck win in the shootout.

member 290103

Canucks lose huge. Fanbase panic ensues. Aqualini intervenes and extends Weisbrod in response.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kings on the second-half of a back-to-back, and went extra time in Calgary last night. The Canucks home opener with Horvat being showcased as the newly minted captain. Crowd should be amped up.

If the Canucks drop this one and go to 0-3 it's permissible to firmly press 'the panic button'.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Kings on the second-half of a back-to-back, and went extra time in Calgary last night. The Canucks home opener with Horvat being showcased as the newly minted captain. Crowd should be amped up.

If the Canucks drop this one and go to 0-3 it's permissible to firmly press 'the panic button'.
Pls let this happen

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Canucks lose huge. Fanbase panic ensues. Aqualini intervenes and extends Weisbrod in response.
RMB becomes mod.

HFBoards descends into chaos.

ogMGpcR.gif

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Can't wait to see EP named captain tonight!
I can see a scenario where they name EP to be captain because the Canucks have a tendency to make marketing decisions with this team and not hockey decisions.

I can see Vancouver wanting to mirror Toronto.

Matthews in Toronto. Petey in Vancouver.

From a headline perspective, captain Elias sounds a whole lot sexier than Captain Bo.

Last edited:

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
As much as I hate watching a losing hockey team, I really want us to lose this one.
50th anniversary, home opener, new captain, tons of pressure. A loss would go a long way towards getting this management group out of here.
Would love to hear a FIRE BENNING chant tonight if we're losing.

Reactions: Pavel96

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
As much as I hate watching a losing hockey team, I really want us to lose this one.
50th anniversary, home opener, new captain, tons of pressure. A loss would go a long way towards getting this management group out of here.
Would love to hear a FIRE BENNING chant tonight if we're losing.
Wrong thread.

Come join us in the tank thread where these types of posts are embraced and celebrated.
pYljVTJ.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I thought I had tickets to the game today and when I went to leave, I didn't actually have them.

I was looking forward to it bc I missed watching hockey. f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad