Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Canucks def. Kings 8-2 (Hughes, Edler, Tanev, Pettersson, Leivo, Miller, Sutterx2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I wouldn’t call Leivo a possession monster but his board work is excellent and probably his biggest strength. He is definitely a positive driver of possession. Both the numbers and the eye test bear that out.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I want to see a Ferland Gaudette Virtanen line. I think they'd be a great young energy line together
Yup.. I was thinking preseason Ferland-Sutter-Virtanen would be solid...
Ferland-Gaudette-Virtanen is almost as intriguing for me...

Just need Virtanen to start this game with some energy and he will earn the chance to make it happen.

I just have a feeling that the best version of our lines should have Ferland on the third line. This is a start of the experiment.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I wouldn’t call Leivo a possession monster but his board work is excellent and probably his biggest strength. He is definitely a positive driver of possession. Both the numbers and the eye test bear that out.

Well... He has been a positive corsi% rel guy his entire career in the NHL. With and without favorable deployment.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
Gaudette won the 3rd line sweepstakes. Where in the ever-loving God is Bearcheese. Sutter on the 4th with Beagle and whoever is just fine. Gaudette with Ferland and Sven sounds great.
Virtanen can fight it out with Schaller and Motte at this point IMO, however, I'd love to be proven wrong. His draft position is the only thing he has going for him. He should be an elite banger at the very least and he isn't even showing that.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Gaudette won the 3rd line sweepstakes. Where in the ever-loving God is Bearcheese. Sutter on the 4th with Beagle and whoever is just fine. Gaudette with Ferland and Sven sounds great.
Virtanen can fight it out with Schaller and Motte at this point IMO, however, I'd love to be proven wrong. His draft position is the only thing he has going for him. He should be an elite banger at the very least and he isn't even showing that.
His draft position is the only thing that keeps people railing on him so hard.

Too bad he wasn't drafted where Gaunce was.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Hey kings .... tick tock mother f***ers! Canucks should come out flying.... it's if they can stay engaged and focused for the whole 60 minutes I worry about. I am
hoping that the emotional win (if there is one this early in the year,) over the Flames drops LA's compete level a notch and they are tired to boot. Come on lads win one
for this ugly bird!

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I just want our top line to do something. Excited too to see Hughes do his thing. (Do we have the best Hughes??)

Congratulations to Captain Bo!

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I thought Jake had a good game with Gaudette vs Calgary and yet gets sentenced to playing with Beagle and Schaller while Sutter some how gets moved up. Go figure. Next game Jake will be sitting for Eriksson.
I prefer this alignment. Sutter can do some of the defensive heavy lifting so that Gaudette can be more productive offensively. Jake simply isn't consistent enough in the defensive zone to deserve that slot.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
WHEN: Wednesday, October 9th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Leivo
Ferland - Gaudette - Sutter
Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Los Angeles Kings' Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted

top 6 is getting closer....call up Baertschi, move Leivo down a line or two, sit Schaller and team's looking closer to the 87 point team I had projected before they set the lineup. Should be a fun game. Hopefully they catch the Kings flat after that emotional game last night.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'll definitely be paying special attention to Hutton tonight. He and Sean Walker are eating up 2nd pairing minutes so far 67% CF (obviously miniscule sample size). They're not hiding him either, he's playing tons against the top players.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings fan here. looks like Pearson is off to a good start. great to see really liked him in LA.

LA's forwards will surprise those who do not follow the team, but they're D is friggin Terrible. The Canucks top two lines are going to have a field day tonight.

Reactions: HankNDank

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Kings fan here. looks like Pearson is off to a good start. great to see really liked him in LA.

LA's forwards will surprise those who do not follow the team, but they're D is friggin Terrible. The Canucks top two lines are going to have a field day tonight.
Really?

Walker and Hutton have a near 70% shot share and haven't been scored on.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
His draft position is the only thing that keeps people railing on him so hard.

Too bad he wasn't drafted where Gaunce was.
Virtanen? Did you watch any of the games? The preseason? Last season?

The only reason he's still in the league is draft position. Sure, if he was an UDFA like MacEwen he'd be praised a bit more, but he's so very limited by his sense and his game hasn't changed since junior.

Reactions: Hit the post

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Will be pretty dang depressing if the Canucks come out with a start like they had in the first two games -- especially in their own home opener.

C'mon boys. A+ effort for three periods. And how about not constantly bobbling the puck, too? I don't want to be depressed about this game.
Yeah,..the first two games the other team initiated the pace...Hopefully ,the Canucks set the pace tonight...They should be motivated , no question.

Reactions: Bougieman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad