Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Canucks def. Kings 8-2 (Hughes, Edler, Tanev, Pettersson, Leivo, Miller, Sutterx2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: Wednesday, October 9th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Leivo
Ferland - Gaudette - Sutter
Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Los Angeles Kings' Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Getting last change should help a little. Hope the Kings get speedbagged in tonight's game against the Flames.
We need all the help we can get right now. Hope the amended 1st and 2nd lines have a great night.

Congrats in advance to Captain Bo.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Calgary should beat up LA tonight, and we’ll be well rested off their back to back.

Add in the fact LA just isn’t very good, should be a no brainer win.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
We need this to be a joyous coronation for cap. Just win, baby.

Also, damn @ the Ferland demotion

Except that's exactly where he belongs. I'm not sure how many teams need to try to fit a square peg into a round hole, but Ferland is a top tier third liner who can fill in on the 2nd on occasion.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I realize we're only 2 games into the season so advanced stats are pretty much irrelevant, BUT so far the numbers of that Pearson-Horvat-Miller line match the eye-test: it's a freaking great line! Keep them together because it also balances the scoring more too.

Pearson - Horvat - Miller
Leivo - Petterson - Boeser
Ferland - Gaudette - Virtanen
Schaller - Beagle - Sutter

^ That's what I'd run with next. And yes that's a disgustingly overpaid 4th line, and yes they have digusting numbers as well. Worst on the team.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I thought Jake had a good game with Gaudette vs Calgary and yet gets sentenced to playing with Beagle and Schaller while Sutter some how gets moved up. Go figure. Next game Jake will be sitting for Eriksson.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'd like to say that I'm pumped for the game, but the last two outings have been brutal. Lucky enough the break inbetween games was so long, that I'm stoked once again lol.

I predict the best game thus far from our star players. First goal for Pettersson, Boeser, or Horvat?

...Hopefully

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im 1-1 on my preddies so far this year, Im guessing 5-2 Kings, our goals both by Pearson

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Getting last change should help a little. Hope the Kings get speedbagged in tonight's game against the Flames.
We need all the help we can get right now. Hope the amended 1st and 2nd lines have a great night.

Congrats in advance to Captain Bo.

I always like when a team comes in on a win in back to back situations...
They are ever so slightly less desperate.

So I'm hoping for a nice extended physical affair which they grind out a win where Doughty and Tkachuk go at all game and Lucic is stirring it up ramping up emotions.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Except that's exactly where he belongs. I'm not sure how many teams need to try to fit a square peg into a round hole, but Ferland is a top tier third liner who can fill in on the 2nd on occasion.
I don't necessarily disagree with it, I'm just surprised Green went from 1st to 3rd.

He knows his ass is on the line if that top line doesn't get going, though.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Kings are out shooting the Flames 20-3 and leading 2-0. They might run this team out of their own barn tomorrow night.

Nah, I think they used all their energy for this one, and be tired and listless for us tomorrow.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

member 290103

Kings are out shooting the Flames 20-3 and leading 2-0. They might run this team out of their own barn tomorrow night.

As an upside...a horrid Vancouver start could lead to a management overhaul.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
As an upside...a horrid Vancouver start could lead to a management overhaul.
I'm up for that.

I mean, given the quality of this year's draft, I'm even up for one more really, really bad whole season. That way, we add another elite young talent to the system and the brass is kicked to the curb.

Reactions: Zombotron

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I always like when a team comes in on a win in back to back situations...
They are ever so slightly less desperate.

So I'm hoping for a nice extended physical affair which they grind out a win where Doughty and Tkachuk go at all game and Lucic is stirring it up ramping up emotions.

:laugh: Given what's happening in Calgary tonight, I hope you're right.

Reactions: DL44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad