Post-Game Talk: [GM 28] Canucks lose to Wild | 0-3 | It Was Not a Good Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
How funny is this management?

Have a player playing to their absolute peek and then you resign them because they're so good only to see their play head down the toilet in the first year of the contract.

Hang onto players until their value is completely cratered and then try and trade them.

I really feel like their stupid is contagious. For a while there I was actually thinking they would act on their evaluation of the team.
And it was so, so predictable. Guys like TruGrit here would've done a better job GMing.

Reactions: theguardianII

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dont think they deserved to get booed.
Wild were playing their fourth game of the week, and third in fourth nights. For the Canucks to come out after three days off, and play a first period like the one they played last night is well, completely unacceptable. The booing should have started in the first period.

They were outshot 13-4 at and only some brilliance from Martin and some atrocious shooting from the Wild kept the score at 0-1.....it could easily have been 3 or 4-0 after the opening 20 minutes.

That first period really underscored to me what this team is.....a soft, complacent group that's basically overpaid and underachieving.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
how the hell do they lose to the wild after they played last night against edmonton and travelled.. unacceptable. turned off after 2nd period. 3 powerplays and didnt convert on any of them. that JT giveway was brutal that led to the shorthanded goal. oh look a 649 reunion hadnt seen that since travis green was still here the bubble playoffs. team needs to reset everything. culture roster the whole nineyards

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
If Aquilini is looking at this team and still thinks they are a playoff team he needs new prescriptions for his glasses. We get blown out way too often to even be considered a wildcard team

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
how the hell do they lose to the wild after they played last night against edmonton and travelled.. unacceptable. turned off after 2nd period. 3 powerplays and didnt convert on any of them. that JT giveway was brutal that led to the shorthanded goal. oh look a 649 reunion hadnt seen that since travis green was still here the bubble playoffs. team needs to reset everything. culture roster the whole nineyards
They generated enough chances to win the game.

It wasnt lack of effort. Its just baffling they cant play full 60minutes.

Reactions: B-rock and David71

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Happy to see lots of empty seats. Maybe that will convince ownership & JRPA that the fans are tired of the same old same old
Empty seats don't mean they were not paid for. The Canucks still have corporations that buy the season tickets year after year...empty seats just mean no one from those companies wants to watch the game. Aquadouche still made his $'s

Reactions: Kevinsane

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The last 3 games were all brutal performances. They just happened to win against all odds in the previous two.

The coach and team can pretend they're a playoff contender, but intelligent fans who watch the games know where they're at. Which is a bottom ten team.

Im not denying that.

This game vs Minny was one of their best performances. They just didn't put the puck in the net.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
This is just who this team is, they always seem to lay an egg anytime they have a chance to put something together.

Nowhere enough consistency and professionalism from the top players (despite their talent) to be anything more than roughly .500

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They generated enough chances to win the game.

It wasnt lack of effort. Its just baffling they cant play full 60minutes.
They also gave up enough to lose the game and lose they did. Horrible first, good second, meh third…not playing 60 minutes after 3 days off is the definition of lack of effort.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
JT’s “shit happens” quote needed clarification

What he meant to say is “shit happens every time I am on the ice but I don’t care, I am getting paid”

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
We MUST cash in Bo, Miller, Garland, Pearson, Brock, Lazar, Bear, Schenn (only because we can not afford him next year)

Dump OEL, Myers, Stillman

Keep Hughes, Kuzzy, EP, Demko, Martin, Hogs, Illya

Play league mandated minimum vet roster coming home and actually develop Rathbone and podz

Hope for Bedard but at a minimum draft well in a deep draft

If PA can not do this, him and Sleepy Jim have to go

Canucks are classic grifters

Tease the fans buy stealing a few games, get them to shell out cash for a home game and then mail in a crap effort

Rinse and repeat

Then we wonder why they get booed?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Completely healthy (until demko who was playing like ass) and every dollar spent and we need everything to go right to almostttttt be .500. Think about that.

No playoffs and no top 10 pick. f***ing purgatory forever.

We MUST cash in Bo, Miller, Garland, Pearson, Brock, Lazar, Bear, Schenn (only because we can not afford him next year)

Dump OEL, Myers, Stillman

Keep Hughes, Kuzzy, EP, Demko, Martin, Hogs, Illya

Play league mandated minimum vet roster coming home and actually develop Rathbone and podz

Hope for Bedard but at a minimum draft well in a deep draft

If PA can not do this, him and Sleepy Jim have to go

Canucks are classic grifters

Tease the fans buy stealing a few games, get them to shell out cash for a home game and then mail in a crap effort

Rinse and repeat

Then we wonder why they get booed?
Rahtbone licks ass.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Send Hogs to the baby Nucks and hopefully Colliton can develop him into a NHLer.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I've been mulling it over for a while now. Certain teams seem to chronically make decisions that fly in the face of their supposed mandate of winning a championship. I can't prove it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a long-term agenda of the NHL to abolish guaranteed contracts.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
I've been mulling it over for a while now. Certain teams seem to chronically make decisions that fly in the face of their supposed mandate of winning a championship. I can't prove it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a long-term agenda of the NHL to abolish guaranteed contracts.
Say more. Why would they want this?

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
How many more games does it take for this management to wake up and realize,,that we do not have the right players for this team.
It's been obvious from the start of the season, we have all known this.Just can't hold your breath and hope for miracles with this team,,because this is what ya get.This management group is just pathetic.

Reactions: David71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad