Post-Game Talk: GM 25: 'Nucks 4 @ Caps 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
This is an excuse that fans make for him every single year.

But he's such a great team guy. He just tries to do too much or something , he needs to just do nothing but focus on defense. Good old reliable defensive defense.

Rye N Kesler

Mar 12, 2010
Curious if you guys have noticed the following:

It seems to me that the only times that the fourth lined gets hemmed in the D zone or has bad shift defensively is when they are back checking and the offensive team establishes control with Hansen pursuing deep and taking over the centre position with Bo taking over wing coverage.

I've noticed it quite a few times and it always seems to lead the fourth line running around and getting disorganized.

With no high level experience I would imagine it would be on Hansen to improve his coverage at Centre in those instances, or Bo needs to be back quicker.

Curious what you guys/gals think.

Cheers

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks for waiting 3 years to decide to shoot the puck again, Daniel.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Fantastic that we manage to win during this season despite Millers low save percentage (and Läck too for that matter). With Lou the team managed to lose despite Lou putting up higher numbers. I guess it is good, but still.

Oh... a bit lucky with the vcash it seems, a bit closer than I thought.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Skating was supposed the issue with Horvat but I haven't seen much evidence that it's a problem.....guy has no problem keeping up and is already a beast on the one-on-one board battles....basically set up the first goal after a pivot along the wall.....been a long time since 'Nucks have had a teenager with the same toolbox...guess you have to go back to Linden as a comparable....would like to see Horvat elevated to the third line with Mathias and maybe someone like Jensen or Hansen:)

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Skating was supposed the issue with Horvat but I haven't seen much evidence that it's a problem.....guy has no problem keeping up and is already a beast on the one-on-one board battles....basically set up the first goal after a pivot along the wall.....been a long time since 'Nucks have had a teenager with the same toolbox...guess you have to go back to Linden as a comparable....would like to see Horvat elevated to the third line with Mathias and maybe someone like Jensen or Hansen:)

The canucks from what I could tell in behind the scenes and on ice videos are working on his skating quite a bit and it has looked better imo.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

There were some stories about him working on it the last couple of years, he said he made some big improvements this off season.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Everybody ***** on Mathias = Great stretch of games
I say Horvat sucks = Horvat huge game
Snake said Vey Sucks = Vey Huge game
Somebody says Sedins suck = Sedins huge game
Man, Miller really sucks.

Last edited:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
This:

is the first thing I thought of when I saw this:

It even made the same "CLINK" noise as it went in off the corner bar!

Darwin101

Mar 9, 2014
Hansen has been arguably the Canucks best even strength forward the last 6 games and he's getting 9 minutes to show for it. Meanwhile Vey and Richardson gets an extra 5 minutes on the ice. Can't help but consider that to be pretty poor asset management.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Nice to see the PP clicking, Henrik w/ a couple great assists however I lost my mind when he made that pass that lead to the 3rd Caps goal. Hank's been playing sort of brainless out there lately, thankfully he made up for it later.

If Daniel ever regains his finishing form then you add Vrbatta into the equation that line could be deadly as hell. What a blast on the game winner, even on the replay i had trouble spotting the puck go in the net, other than a blur.

Had the feeling they would win if only b/c they always seem to win their annual game vs. Washington.

Miller was not great on at least one, maybe 2 goals. At least he made some big saves near the end (and right after the Caps second goal that glove save) so as long as he has goal support he's been doing the job. Like to see him tidy up his game some more yet though, still.

First team in the west to 17 wins and on top of the conference standings, can't complain all that much really.

Be nice to see Bonino and that second line hit the score sheet a few times soon, they're almost due for a big game.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Nice to see the PP clicking, Henrik w/ a couple great assists however I lost my mind when he made that pass that lead to the 3rd Caps goal. Hank's been playing sort of brainless out there lately, thankfully he made up for it later.

If Daniel ever regains his finishing form then you add Vrbatta into the equation that line could be deadly as hell. What a blast on the game winner, even on the replay i had trouble spotting the puck go in the net, other than a blur.

Had the feeling they would win if only b/c they always seem to win their annual game vs. Washington.

Miller was not great on at least one, maybe 2 goals. At least he made some big saves near the end (and right after the Caps second goal that glove save) so as long as he has goal support he's been doing the job. Like to see him tidy up his game some more yet though, still.

First team in the west to 17 wins and on top of the conference standings, can't complain all that much really.

Be nice to see Bonino and that second line hit the score sheet a few times soon, they're almost due for a big game.

99% agree except the 2nd line Higgy-Bonino-Burrows had the best chances early in the game. They could have had a couple points if Burr didn't hit the post and Higgy didn't flub his couple chances.

The team is really missing Kassian right now. I know his numbers aren't great but he's a strong presence that creates scoring chances.

Also, Stanton takes more of a beating than any player I've seen recently. Got his head hit into the dasher resulting in stitches; got elbowed in the head which ruptured the injury and he had to leave for more stitches yet came back. I like this guy as a #6 but he and Weber are struggling most games right now as a pairing.

Blob

Aug 22, 2007
This:

is the first thing I thought of when I saw this:

It even made the same "CLINK" noise as it went in off the corner bar!

I scored a goal like that once. Against Grant from the pulp mill. Made him look like a fool and I felt like a rock star.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Confidence is a hell of a drug.

Oh absolutely. He's a two-way beast out there. A monster. A specimen. A creature not from this world.

No but seriously, Edler's been unreal physically and defensively. He needs to make quicker passes on the powerplay and continue to get shots on net. They don't have to be slappers either, he has a good wrist shot he needs to use more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad