Post-Game Talk: [GM 24] Canucks lose to Panthers | 1-5 (Joshua)

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I wouldn't trade anyone on Bruce's bad list when he's on his way out after this season unless we are absolutely cornered into it.

Reactions: mathonwy

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
That question was answered the second they announced the pick.

From the London knights the Canucks are proud to select.... *groan*
The shock from the crowd and announcers was clear. The choice was clear but Jim was hellbent on drafting a D-man. He telegraphed it for months. As well, I thought it was Sergachev they were looking at. Sigh.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I'm sure Garland will get traded for a salary dump and some peanuts, and become a 75 point play driver for his new team.

I used to think that too but I no longer think he has the tools for that. Weak shot and his hockey IQ really isn’t as high as his fancy footwork and dangles make it look.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Lets hope that they show up to play tonight...Tuesdays game was a no show (they've probably had about 3-4 of those this season...all teams have them).

Demko's between the pipes..He's been playing better lately.

No Barkov for the Panthers tonight.

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
luongo-beach-ball1.jpg

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I couldn’t find the “let loose, but Canucks related” thread so I’ll just post this very ironic comment.

C805A676-5F63-4EFF-90BC-29C21E446D2C.jpeg

Pessimistic Rangers ended up jinxing his team a couple lottery wins, just at the wrong drafts.

Conclusion: not super related to the Canucks or at all you can argue, but I feel it’s a nice little reminder that Canuck luck also has a good side

Reactions: Lindgren

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I couldn’t find the “let loose, but Canucks related” thread so I’ll just post this very ironic comment.

View attachment 615638

Pessimistic Rangers ended up jinxing his team a couple lottery wins, just at the wrong drafts.

Conclusion: not super related to the Canucks or at all you can argue, but I feel it’s a nice little reminder that Canuck luck also has a good side
How about when we effectively traded head coaches with the Rags?:sarcasm:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Panthers are road-weary and banged up. Laid a serious egg in their last outing against the Flames.

It's a game the Canucks should win....but in reality these are the games that they choke on for some reason. Need to get the pp going. A tired team will tend to take penalties and the Canucks have to capitalize.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Listen, I’m just bored again. Either lose a bunch in pathetic fashion and force changes or go on another winning streak and get right into the thick of the playoff picture. No more of this wishy-washy will they-won’t they bullshit. It’s boring and I demand entertainment.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Listen, I’m just bored again. Either lose a bunch in pathetic fashion and force changes or go on another winning streak and get right into the thick of the playoff picture. No more of this wishy-washy will they-won’t they bullshit. It’s boring and I demand entertainment.

I feel like tonight's game will go in the former category. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel especially confident about this one.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I feel like tonight's game will go in the former category. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel especially confident about this one.

The big problem is the entire month is set up to be a .500 accomplish nothing snoozefest. 3 games against teams well clear .500, another 3 against bottom-feeders, and the rest are teams hovering around .500. Just a recipe of mediocrity.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
The big problem is the entire month is set up to be a .500 accomplish nothing snoozefest. 3 games against teams well clear .500, another 3 against bottom-feeders, and the rest are teams hovering around .500. Just a recipe of mediocrity.

the whole league is setup like this. owners and broadcasters don't want teams being out of playoff contention in november so they use the cap, the schedule and the points system to keep teams 'close' when they are anything but

the canucks are 'only' 2 points back of the wildcard but they need to win 3+ games more than all of calgary, nashville and minnesota to actually pass them in the standings. realistically it will take a month before the canucks can catch up. even if they go like 2-6-2 in their next 10 they'll still be 'close' to the playoffs if you just look at points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad