GDT: Gm 23: Carolina Hurricanes @ Boston Bruins | 11/23/13 | 1P ET | NESN NHLN-US |98.5 FM

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
While Ward stood tall and kept the Canes in the game, I can't get over the play Lucic made that lead to the short handed goal.
Don't get me wrong, I love Lucic and how he has been playing. But I've noticed he's prone to making mistakes when the puck is in the back of the offence which lead to great opportunities for the other team given everyone is out of position to react.
While the overall impact Lucic has for the B's is positive, this may be something that keeps him from the Olympics, where the margin of error is low given the one game winner take all format.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The KIL line is back. That was a very strong game and Krejci stopped his 5 games scoreless streak in fashion with the OT winner. You saw that the guys were happy for him.

Iginla played a strong game on the forecheck. Looch too.

All the lines played great tonight.

Best game of the year. Total domination. Well deserved 2pts.

7-1-2 in the last 10. 1st in the East.

Enjoy the ride.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't have a problem with Bergeron being a third line player as long as its in late February

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
If Bergeron's name was Gord Babchuk from Moosejaw Caballo would have crowned him as the best player ever a long time ago.

I'm upset I just lost 5 minutes reading that last page that I will never get back.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I love the way all 4 lines are playing right now. Really hope the top-2 lines start finding the back of the net soon 5 on 5. So many great chances. Not a whole lot of finish. An Iginla-Eriksson swap is on the horizon IMO.

Soderberg and Smith are top-6 forwards on the majority of teams in the NHL. Smith is sitting two points back of Krejci/Lucic for the team lead in scoring while playing under 14 minutes a game. Soderberg has a rare combination of size/power and skill. He seems to have the necessary sense to complete the package as well. Still can't get over how much he seems to improve from game to game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Any news on Krug?

I don't think we saw him after he exited the tunnel after getting struck on the foot/ankle on a slapshot...

He walked it off in the tunnel and came right back.:)

We were more concerned that Bergy missed a bunch of shifts (although he was on the bench). I was happy to see him out there in OT.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
He walked it off in the tunnel and came right back.:)

We were more concerned that Bergy missed a bunch of shifts (although he was on the bench). I was happy to see him out there in OT.

Number of forward shifts in this game:

Bergeron: 24
Eriksson: 22
Iginla, Lucic: 21
Kelly, Soderberg, Krejci: 20

He didn't miss a bunch of shifts. He had the most shifts out of the forward group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad