Pre-Game Talk: GM 2: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Oct 11 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I notice that after this game we have an entire week off.......what is with that?

Hopefully we spend half of that week working on face-offs. If I remember correctly, the Flames were one of the worst face-off teams in the league last year and they murdered us in the dot last night.

Nathan MacKinnon

Believe in BLUE
Jun 24, 2012
Surrey, BC
Sportsnet better not be cutting out every two minutes during the game again...

FFS, if you're going to buy the rights to broadcast 1000+ NHL games, learn to do it right

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I know some of the recent moves the Canucks have done is to appease fans, but this is by far the best:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=733724&navid=DL|VAN|home
7 - Great giveaways: Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to win giveaways during each timeout, including two season tickets for the 2014.15 Canucks season.

8 - Jerseys off Our Backs: Each player will give away their game-worn jersey to a lucky fan at the end of the game.
That's pretty cool. I guess they have a lot left over. :sarcasm:

Blob

Aug 22, 2007
Looking for a big game from Kassian.

He's licking the salt and sharpening his horns this season, for sure!

"He skates! He scores!"

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Kind of off-topic but my tickets to the Bruins game came in today :yo:

UFvmJbw.png

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Centre depth

Yep look at some of the topics on the trade rumours board:

Proposal: Bring character to the Oil ‎
Oilers 2015 1st and J Petry for a 2 way 2 C

With Gagner gone for another winger in Purcell not to mention spending $4 million on yet another winger in Benoit Pouliot... only players left to fill the #2/3 center spots is from organizational depth: Mark Arcobello, Anton Lander, and of course or Leon Draisaitl :laugh:

That's why my opinion when looking at them from an armchair GM's perspective is that they should just bite the bullet and trade Yakupov for someone like... I don't know, maybe Tomas Plekanec. But everyone over there, including their management, seems to want to hold out for a big home run package.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
That's why my opinion when looking at them from an armchair GM's perspective is that they should just bite the bullet and trade Yakupov for someone like... I don't know, maybe Tomas Plekanec. But everyone over there, including their management, seems to want to hold out for a big home run package.

I would actually really like to see Yakupov traded to San Jose. Can you imagine Yak and Tomas Hertl on a line together? It'd be the Super Ultra Happy Kid Line...

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Yep look at some of the topics on the trade rumours board:

Proposal: Bring character to the Oil ‎
Oilers 2015 1st and J Petry for a 2 way 2 C

With Gagner gone for another winger in Purcell not to mention spending $4 million on yet another winger in Benoit Pouliot... only players left to fill the #2/3 center spots is from organizational depth: Mark Arcobello, Anton Lander, and of course or Leon Draisaitl :laugh:

They can have Bonino for that package.

Hell I'd give them Horvat and pick another centre in the draft.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Ya, but are they going to announce each players name, twice, in dramatic fashion? If not I don't see how they're going to match the Flames' home opener.

Hahaha that had me cracking up. You could tell after the first 10 or so that the announcer's voice was dying. And then he did it again!

I hope ours is short and sweet but if we have learned anything from the past we shouldn't be expecting to see it at all. We are following a Leafs game on HNIC which means we usually lose the first 5 minutes of the game.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Wait, Draisatl actually made the Oilers team? Why are they rushing him? He didn't look ready at all.

It gets them one step closer to McDavid, Eichel or Hanafin. It really does, so while setting the team up for failure but not acquiring a needed piece and you give the fans bread and circus prospects to amuse and distract them.

Last edited:

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I think we're gonna start 2-0 to the season, Draisaitl will not be ready, and the Canucks know a week off 2-0 will put them in a really solid position to get the system down.

Canucks win 4-3

Kassian
Vey
Daniel
Higgins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad