Pre-Game Talk: GM 2: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Oct 11 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I'm going to this game. So pumped! Hope they can deliver a win for my birthday. :D

I look forward to serving beer to you :yo::)

Anyone else recently hired by the Canucks? They're hosting a dinner for employees today and Linden, Benning, and Desjardins will speak. Pretty cool, definitely worth missing class for.

HavoK041

Apr 29, 2004
St. Albert, Alberta
I have been absent from the HF boards for like 2 or 3 seasons and I live in the Edmonton area :( so pardon my ignorance, but can someone please explain the Kassian " rustling jimmies" reference?

Thanks.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I have been absent from the HF boards for like 2 or 3 seasons and I live in the Edmonton area :( so pardon my ignorance, but can someone please explain the Kassian " rustling jimmies" reference?

Thanks.

Kassian is Public Enemy No. 1 for the Oilers and their faithful at this time. He (accidentally) shattered Sam Gagner's face with that high stick, then laughed at Luke Gazdic's attempts to challenge him to a fight in subsequent games, and to really rub salt in the wounds, he's scored 5 goals and 7 points against them in 9 games.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Thanks.

Kassian is Public Enemy No. 1 for the Oilers and their faithful at this time. He (accidentally) shattered Sam Gagner's face with that high stick, then laughed at Luke Gazdic's attempts to challenge him to a fight in subsequent games, and to really rub salt in the wounds, he's scored 5 goals and 7 points against them in 9 games.

Edmonton's coach Dallas Eakins called Kassian a 'disturbing player', too.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Rustling jimmies is a meme from 4chan that shows a cereal box cartoon mascot gorilla eith a caption above and below that says. Cereal was gorilla munch

wQrqY7yVpDCIkgRrKGbRUaxq9mU5Z87jFTr3NLOHxyK8fsJ-PX1O1cxTMXutUmxf1oOr3sX-ZdXDEkQWtad0zG4-qAIT-giP0l060UqG6CdLFv1McxmQTjpg7d7qUydJWz6UXRQXY8ByOfGdjbqp6r3yjqADms1-YdJKnoBD1PFZCZE=w685-h382-nc

And now the one that inspired kassian
A_b3I_JK15f-jSpy8lbfDSyNPNgKsxVq_eP91NZnOd21vFQG0U6XzNDGg6rqsjvwO0kT9NOkruQmurCKYsMgR6k7Y9COxe88GyGUDr91YORuUTJj7SWTtGl8-vYZUZXbQ-nFrYOy6yUT93eMXiK4cfJ3o7edCmmnoZg=w357-h346-nc

HavoK041

Apr 29, 2004
St. Albert, Alberta
"Rustling" someones "jimmies" refers to angering another person. To wit, Kassian rustles the jimmies of the Edmonton Oilers.

Ah ok. I thought it was a reference to his expertise at obtaining prophylactics or something. A la "I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too" from the great warrior poet Snoop Lion.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Kassian is arhuably my favourite players the kid just has so much bad energy on how he came in and how av played him.

I really hope willie respects his youth for what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad