GDT: GM 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | 4:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'm not going to lie, 3v3 and shootout is very exciting to me. Not the fairest way to end an even game, but from a spectator's perspective, it's exciting.
3 on 3 gets bad when teams keep taking the puck out of the zone. But when both teams attack you get big chances by stars so it’s fun.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
only watched the 3rd, thought canucks played a very good period, not sitting back and moving the puck out of their zone quick.

Quinn Hughes played 27 mins, 1st game he matched up against Mcdavid, this game in the 3rd I thought he was good defensively and won a lot of puck battles with his quick stick.

Canucks dominated OT, should have scored. Petey still looks a bit off.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Same, but if I remember right they changed it because too many games went to shootout

yeah. My preference would be ten minutes if 4v4 and then tie. I never had an issue with ties when I was a kid. I feel the same way about them that I do now about SO wins/losses. Like both our games are ties to me so far.

The biggest sport on the planet ends in ties half the time, a solution in search of a problem IMO.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Wow Hughes with 27 minutes. OEL played 24, Poolman 21 and Myers just hit 20. Apart from Hughes minutes being on the high side I don't mind that distribution.

Ive criticized Hughes often tonight he was much better deserved the time played a very good game well done Hughes.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
3 on 3 gets bad when teams keep taking the puck out of the zone. But when both teams attack you get big chances by stars so it’s fun.

Personally I hate 3 on 3 but it's here to stay.

Looked ugly and things need to tighten up but it's still 2 points.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
This was a tough game, flyers might not be the top team in the east, but there going to be tough to play against, AV at least knows how to play structured hockey, not going to be easy for any team.

I will give the team credit for pulling out the win at least.

Reactions: Indiana

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm not going to lie, 3v3 and shootout is very exciting to me. Not the fairest way to end an even game, but from a spectator's perspective, it's exciting.

I can’t think of anything I find less exciting than the shootout. To me it’s the dulllest part of the entire game.

3v3 is sometimes exciting and sometimes players weirdly skating the puck out of the zone to Center in a way that looks totally foreign. I thought 4v4 was very exciting.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
"Hey Travis, in total Podkolzin played 7:03 tonight. What was your reasoning behind benching your star rookie after he scored a great goal?"

MwRxjP.gif
Video not loading for me?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I hope someone in the media has the balls to ask why pods was benched while our vets made "rookie mistakes" that costs us 2 goals late in the 3rd
Would never happen and wouldn't get a response from Green anyways as the vets played his "system". To him, they played well lol.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Flyers destroyed us on the faceoff circle.... but 2 pts baby!! woooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad