Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So are the Caps lucky to be up 2-0 or are the Canes just good?

Caps aren't lucky to be up 2-0 at all. They are clearly the more skilled team here. Canes are playing as hard as they can and have just enough skill to keep it close when the Caps only play for 30-40 minutes.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
Just leaving the game but we looked off and that power play was atrocious today. Happy to get out of there with a win today though! Old man strength by Orpik!

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
So are the Caps lucky to be up 2-0 or are the Canes just good?

Little of both.. I think the canes lack an elite offensive weapon or two but I feel like the Caps are playing them pretty soft compared to how they played say Tampa or Pens.

Canes only had 2 less wins than us on the season, there wasn’t a large gap in the standings.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Just leaving the game but we looked off and that power play was atrocious today. Happy to get out of there with a win today though! Old man strength by Orpik!

Caps looked better in the 3rd as the game was closer and there wasn’t a constant whistle interrupting 5 on 5. I’m legit nervous when the Caps get a lead, they look like they go through the motions at best.

I think it’s the opponent. The Caps have been playing down to their opponent for years.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Go watch the replay of Orpik's goal on facebook. The whole video (1:45)
At the end of the video, Orly is just :laugh: He's coming of the ice, wants to sit down on the bench (back turned to the ice) then he turns and see there is a goal, and directly he jumps on the ice, first on the ice lol.:laugh:

Yeah I noticed it too. He didn't know what hit him, so to speak.

Did anyone honestly? I'm still in disbelief. :amazed:

Reactions: ovikovy817

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Caps looked better in the 3rd as the game was closer and there wasn’t a constant whistle interrupting 5 on 5. I’m legit nervous when the Caps get a lead, they look like they go through the motions at best.

I think it’s the opponent. The Caps have been playing down to their opponent for years.

I was thinking as soon as we put Hagelin with the 3rd, that was the turning point in the game.

We kept getting hemmed in our zone over and over and then the 3rd line change with Hagelin had a huge shift that kept pressure with the forecheck inside the Canes zone. Then the Tom Wilson goal came on the shift right after.

Last edited:

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Go watch the replay of Orpik's goal on facebook. The whole video (1:45)
At the end of the video, Orly is just :laugh: He's coming of the ice, wants to sit down on the bench (back turned to the ice) then he turns and see there is a goal, and directly he jumps on the ice, first on the ice lol.:laugh:
Noticed this too. Poor Orly didn’t even get a breather.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
So, Jennifer... I hope you have some free time on your hands because you are going to have to make one of 'em fancy-shmancy GDTs for every game until we lose one.

leo-toast.gif

Don't worry txpd I don't intend on doing anything fancier than what I did for today's game. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad