GDT: GM #19 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How many points did our new bottom six savior produce last night?

This might be the biggest strawman I've seen on this board in weeks :laugh:

But since you must ask, Jokinen made the pass getting a primary assist on the Doughty goal.

That is very true. This team has relied on one productive line to carry the weight of the offense. We've seen what a huge impact it is when they get balanced scoring, but it is always inconsistent. Hence the performances and results that we've seen since the last Cup run.

And to be fair this is almost always going to be the case if you're playing an 'offensive' system instead of defensive/puck possession. Offense is variable on the best days; now that it's dried up a little bit, we're feeling the squeeze. Missing two scoring forwards on a team whose always had questions about offensive depth was going to catch up at some point, as well.

Reactions: yankeeking

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I think we all knew that things were going a little too good at the start of the season. And that the shooting percentages would start to come back to the mean. But don't think any of us could have predicted that the shooting percentages would not only regress but do so all at once. And not only regress but fall below the median. And do so within 3-4 games.
The loss to Tampa was a five minute lapse and we got blown out in that five minutes.
The next 3 were much worse performances. But we lost by 1 goal in each.
We're not going to continue scoring 1.33 goals a game. And in those 3 losses we gave up only 2.33 goals against. And that's with our D not looking good compared to what we're use to.
It's not good but we're still very much alive and in a good position. And things should turn around.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Teams are playing Sutter hockey to beat the Kings. Slow the game down, negate any speed the Kings try and build up, and force them on the walls.That's why the games have been boring, opposing teams are sucking the life out of the game to slow it down.

Ironic.

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGS17

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don't think any of us should be surprised that we're witnessing a very average hockey club right before our eyes. Clearly their start was unsustainable, but we also haven't seen what they could do with a 100% healthy roster.

Yeah, I'm going to ride the wave until we have a complete line up. I do believe they are better than last years team and will take some time to get used to playing a different style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad