GDT: GM #19 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Brodzinski only played 6 mins ?

Was he really that bad ? I didn't get to watch the game. If Stevens is not going to play the guy, then the Kings shouldn't even bother bringing him up to the NHL squad.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Sorry I'm not as positive since I've been sitting here in person watching this trash every game, having to work in Mission Viejo after every game.

Sunday night game? Nice f***ing touch.

Just as boring as last year. Fantastic.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings have been outscored 12-6 during this four game losing streak.

Their win against the Ducks was their highest achievement, and they’re now 2-5 in November, with four straight home losses.

They have also been limited to two goals max in two of those four losses, and held to a single goal in each of their other losses during this streak.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Was he really that bad ? I didn't get to watch the game. If Stevens is not going to play the guy, then the Kings shouldn't even bother bringing him up to the NHL squad.

He looked better than before. Was playing with a bit of snarl at least. But anything below the top six is just a tire fire right now so it's hard to assess anyone.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Our guys are guilty of playing down to the competition perhaps. Not enough emotion invested into the game today, it seems to be turning into our thing. Andreoff gets blindside, nothing. Quick gets a cheeky trip, nada. Shore gets his nose nudged into the boards by a scrapper and Pearson is the only one that gives a shit.

edit.

When Folin does a nice hit on a random Bruin, in flys Bergeron, the concussion king, to say f*** off that ain't happening on my shift.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

and i think the only reason crescenzi saw 8 or whatever was because he got a couple PK shifts..

aside from like you say, it being a waste for them to even be on the bench, i think it's harming the rest of the already depleted team because they have to cover those minutes

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Hope I am wrong, but I have always felt that he was going to be a AAAA player, someone who dominates in the minors but won't be able to do enough to play in the NHL.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Look at the bright side guys. We can save big money with small changes to our grocery shopping!
25p31uq.jpg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Other than Tampa, boy how crappy did San Jose, Vancouver, and Boston look?

I know Boston is pretty banged up at the moment, but wow those 3 loses were to teams that LA should have easily beat.

3 of the 4 losses were to back ups and a team that played the night before. SJ game was was a 50/50 game until Ward bank one off his skate and made it 2-1. The real stinker was the Canucks game, being up 2-0 then coasted the rest of the game and lost 3-2.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
With the lackluster way this team has played in front of Quick, I was shocked to see that he didn't take matters into his own hands and drop the glove to start something with that idiot who clipped him.

Maybe he should have.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The good thing, in the 6 games back home since the road trip, they've had goals from 12 different players. The problem is only Toffoli has more than 1 goal. Another issue is Amadio and Cammalleri aren't here anymore, and they're 2 of the 12. Of the 14 goals they've scored, 6 are on the PP, so barely 1 ES goal per game.

The last time they lost 4 straight at home in regulation was back in 10-11. Had an 8 game home stand, and went 2-6.

A Saturday afternoon game against Florida. They'll probably win because it sounds like it's a disaster waiting to happen, but it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I can't explain the team, but we're seeing similar problems to last season cropping back up on a team basis. Lack of urgency. Allowing too many scoring chances. Shit like that. And this team is awful at blocking shots. I swear a good percentage of those blocks just turn into deflections on net. I'd rather Quick just be allowed to make the save or not.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Haven't caught the last two games, but from talking to my dad and seeing the comments on here, it sounds like they're playing the way I thought they would to start the year. It seems like they're kind of in between in trying to be aggressive, but not too aggressive and second guessing themselves. I had a feeling that a losing streak was coming, but I didn't think it would be against these teams.

I think the Kings may have a chance next game against the panthers. Panthers were a bit fortunate to come out with a win against the Sharks tonight I think. They had 2 successful challenges that neutralized sharks goals and in a game where the sharks dominated throughout multiple stretches.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
On the bright side, Jokinen already looks like a better 'fit' than Cammy, he's a pretty heady guy. Martinez especially was a monster tonight, I need to look up how many shots he blocked.

Edit: EIGHT friggin blocks for Martinez :laugh: he was everywhere.

Drew's goal was an absolute snipe too.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I can't explain the team, but we're seeing similar problems to last season cropping back up on a team basis. Lack of urgency. Allowing too many scoring chances. **** like that. And this team is awful at blocking shots. I swear a good percentage of those blocks just turn into deflections on net. I'd rather Quick just be allowed to make the save or not.

Not just last season. Been that way since they last won the Cup. Hell, it started that way the last time they won the Cup. They didn't win in 2014 by really stopping anyone anyway. They scored their way to that Cup more than anything.

Now 3-6-4 in regulation without Carter. Propped up a bit by those OT/SO points again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad