GDT: GM 17 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Feb 11 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Unless the Canucks go at least 3-1 in this four game set with the Flames, they might be basically 'done' before the season hits the 20-game mark. First Tofoli puts the shiv into them, is Markstrom next?

They are damn close to being done right now. They likely need a 0.625 pt% (or more) to make the playoffs. That’s a hefty rate.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
They are damn close to being done right now. They likely need a 0.625 pt% (or more) to make the playoffs. That’s a hefty rate.
Jb be like
upload_2021-2-11_10-44-11.jpeg

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.

If Canucks aren’t gonna play Rathbone they should send him down. Kid needs development and games.

Gaudette is playing with an AHLer and a quality defensive center like Sutter. How can anybody expect points from a line like this is beyond me and then the real 4th line is even more atrocious.

We have 2 lines who we can expect points from, compared to the Flames with at least a strong 3rd line led by Dube.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
They should just run and gun with the 9 best talents on our top3 lines and try to rebuild some of these young guys games.

Horvat Hoglander Boeser
Pettersson Miller MacEwen
Gaudette Pearson Virtanen

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
They should also look at taking Roussel out.

I would honestly put in Jake over Antoine (?)

All Roussel really does is skate really hard, miss a few body checks, and take penalties

How is AR26 a fixture in the lineup regardless of his output?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I wonder how different the team's record might be if they actually used the taxi squad to cycle out players to keep everyone fresh.

What was the point of putting, half the taxi squad on there, if there was no plan on using them anyway? Lack of other options?

I know Sven Baertschi seems to be persona non grata in the eyes of the coaching staff but I have to think he could help the club out.

They should look at picking up a defender off waivers and sending Rathbone to the AHL.
I think it’s personal between Sven and the organization

I think he's still capable of contributing in some capacity on the 3rd or 4th line. They might as well switch things up; take Roussel out of the lineup for a change.

Bailey and MacEwen should both be in the lineup going forward.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Don't be surprised if the Canucks win this game. they should.
They have had time to unwind and relax and most of the media talk has centered around the GM and not them.
Green has got a couple of practices in, players have visited family, not sure about Miller though.

But even a win tonight is not "turning the corner".
That would take numerous wins now, not that the goalies can't pull 3 or 4 steals but the whole game has to be watched.

If other teams are approaching the Canucks about players on this roster like Gaudette and Virtanen that is a signal that the rest of the league has a different take on those players. GM's don't help each other out for fun, if they want Virtanen then it is because they covet him somehow, ditto with Gaudette, just in one aspect to think about

Pay Roussel and Beagle 3 mil each and 6 mil cap hit, or 3 mil and 3 mil cap hit, Roussel and Beagle are not likely to get much better where Jake and Gaud still have upside besides all Gaud and Jake have to do is not get scored on, just like Roussel and Beagle, maybe get one or two every 10 games or so.

If there were fans in the arena I am sure there would some with paper bags over their heads and chanting fire Benning

This game goes two ways
Vancouver starts on fire and gets a couple quick and carries on,
Calgary comes out nasty.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
They should just run and gun with the 9 best talents on our top3 lines and try to rebuild some of these young guys games.

Horvat Hoglander Boeser
Pettersson Miller MacEwen
Gaudette Pearson Virtanen
The way you put centers on the left instead of the middle disgusts me.
I don’t know what it is. But that hits me hard emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The way you put centers on the left instead of the middle disgusts me.
I don’t know what it is. But that hits me hard emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
Ya! And Gaudette shoots right. He should be over on the right side of the line. :huh:

Reactions: WTG

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Don't be surprised if the Canucks win this game. they should.

Unfortunately we've all thought they "should" win this game after multiple blowouts this year. Which was just followed up by a similar performance.

Saying that I really hope this is a feel good game... light up Markstrom please.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lol. @Luckylarry @I am toxic @WTG

What makes you think the left wingers are the centres and the centres are the wingers? I mean would we be that much worse?

Also should i align them to skate down or skate up?

Maybe we should run a poll? Wait no poll... last one i participated in made no sense either.....idk my mind is like.......

Reactions: Luckylarry and WTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad