GDT: GM 17 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Feb 11 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
They should also look at taking Roussel out.

I would honestly put in Jake over Antoine (?)

All Roussel really does is skate really hard, miss a few body checks, and take penalties
Roussel looks finished as an NHL'er, that injury really f***ed him

Reactions: bh53

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Roussel looks finished as an NHL'er, that injury really f***ed him
Yeah too bad, thought hed maybe recover during the long off season but NO. Maybe can still unload him on one of the other dummy GMs who think he still has value

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I wish I could be more excited, but Calgary games just make me depressed. Tanev is supposed to be Blue and Green, goddamnit! Even seeing Markstrom bugs me a little.

Granted, I'd feel better about playing them if we didn't suck but still...

yep
im actively cheering for the flames
before n after this game

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
It's also possible that the team is just bad and after overachieving last year they fell back down to earth, and then lost key figures making that fall down to earth worse than it otherwise would be.

I lean towards the quitting-on-the-gm take, but then I look at previous games where the RHD were Myers-Benn-Chatfield, Beagle and/or Sutter starting after every commercial break, Holtby in net, and 16M in cap not even playing on the ice...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If the media asks him the question...
Interesting response to that question though. There are changes every off season, but this one had the group lose three very key pieces. For sure the guys are “shocked” by the “reboot”, and losing several “good players”. (Miller and Hughes)
Someone posted Bo said he was surprised by the changes. But I haven’t actually heard that.

Reactions: David71

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Why mention the “off season moves” if it’s of no concern, and guys aren’t talking about it?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Luckylarry

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Does Green not want to try anything new? It's not like this team is getting unlucky, they are getting dominated most games and even when they play "good", it doesn't exactly boost confidence when the team loses the puck after 4 passes, are mostly chasing the puck in the neutral and defensive zone and have some of the most awkward zone entries I have ever seen.

As someone on this board said why not drop Miller down to the third line (the lotto lines doesn't not look right) to boost the depth? Create a super line with Horvat and Petterson? Shift the timid powerplay around. Say what you want about Willie D and AV, but both were constantly willing to shift the lines around and stick with them for a few games, rather than 4 shifts, when the team looked off

Every day goes by, and Willie D looks bett . . . less terrible and less terrible.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
In two and three weeks respectively Dipietro and Rathbone will not have played a hockey game in a year.
Gotta keep Rath ready to go just incase Chatty AND Benn dont play well

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Getting real quite on few of the major boards.
I hope FA sees his sports franchise is depreciating at a very rapid pace.
No one wants to see this lame ass product on ice.

Edit: my dumbass brain thought it’s 11feb in my time zone, no wonder it’s so quite lol

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unless the Canucks go at least 3-1 in this four game set with the Flames, they might be basically 'done' before the season hits the 20-game mark. First Tofoli puts the shiv into them, is Markstrom next?

Reactions: LordBacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad