Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: February 11, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

upload_2021-2-10_7-0-18.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson - Miller
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Sutter - Gaudette
Bailey - Beagle - MacEwen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Benn
Myers - Juolevi

Demko

Calgary Flames’ Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

Mod Note:

This is a thread to discuss the game between the Canucks and the Calgary Flames. Posts cheering against the team / advocating for tanking will be removed. It is not the thread to discuss the team’s management and their successes or failures. The thread for that can be found here:The Management Thread | The Wheel Keeps Turning Edition

Let’s stay on topic, and hopefully we have a good game to talk about.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
All I ask for is a Hoggy boy Lander Hatty here

HBL for that win :yo:

4-3 Canucks, 3 from HBL and an empty better by Pearson but the Flames score one more AFTER the empty better so Pearson gets the game winner which is INSANE :rant:

Myers with two minors, Roussell with the fake rough stuff, Tanev and Marky both on the Flames

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Before the road trip, the Canucks were relatively healthy, and I mentioned that the trip would be a good test to see how they matched up against the top teams in the division..Other than the one game where they looked dog tired (after 4 games ,in 6 nights, 3 cities), there were no excuses for their "Twilight Zone' performances...Montreal and Toronto looked superior in every way.

All we've got to hang our hats on now, is that the toughest part of the Canucks schedule is over, and now they have an opportunity to practice, and get on the same page.

Calgary would have to be considered in the top 3 of the division, so it doesnt get any easier.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I will be cheering on all the Canucks.

Especially Tanev and Markstrom.

3-2 Canucks, VAN goals by Bo, Hogs, Petey, Tanev with the pair for CGY, Marky makes 60 saves.

And Tkachuk gets tossed from the game in the first period.

Good luck, team.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

If Canucks aren’t gonna play Rathbone they should send him down. Kid needs development and games.

Ditto for DiPietro. Surprised that the Canucks have been content to just let them both practice all year.

No surprise on the lineup; knew Virtanen would be getting the pressbox treatment again after his disastrous last game. MacEwen never should have been taken out in the first place, I thought he was doing his job well.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
In two and three weeks respectively Dipietro and Rathbone will not have played a hockey game in a year.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder how different the team's record might be if they actually used the taxi squad to cycle out players to keep everyone fresh.

What was the point of putting, half the taxi squad on there, if there was no plan on using them anyway? Lack of other options?

I know Sven Baertschi seems to be persona non grata in the eyes of the coaching staff but I have to think he could help the club out.

They should look at picking up a defender off waivers and sending Rathbone to the AHL.

Reactions: Bad Goalie

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

If Canucks aren’t gonna play Rathbone they should send him down. Kid needs development and games.

Does Green not want to try anything new? It's not like this team is getting unlucky, they are getting dominated most games and even when they play "good", it doesn't exactly boost confidence when the team loses the puck after 4 passes, are mostly chasing the puck in the neutral and defensive zone and have some of the most awkward zone entries I have ever seen.

As someone on this board said why not drop Miller down to the third line (the lotto lines doesn't not look right) to boost the depth? Create a super line with Horvat and Petterson? Shift the timid powerplay around. Say what you want about Willie D and AV, but both were constantly willing to shift the lines around and stick with them for a few games, rather than 4 shifts, when the team looked off

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wonder how different the team's record might be if they actually used the taxi squad to cycle out players to keep everyone fresh.

What was the point of putting, half the taxi squad on there, if there was no plan on using them anyway? Lack of other options?

I know Sven Baertschi seems to be persona non grata in the eyes of the coaching staff but I have to think he could help the club out.

They should look at picking up a defender off waivers and sending Rathbone to the AHL.
I think it’s personal between Sven and the organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad