GDT: GM 16 | Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Familiar Faces, I’ll Tell You That For Free | Wed. Nov 15th, 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
This is the fanbase that had protests to get Mike Gillis fired because he won two lopsided trades involving goalies.

The reaction to those comments from Horvat was absurd and he's going to get booed every time he touches the puck, I'd expect.

I have no issue with fans booing Horvat. The guy was our captain, he left, had some early team success, and elected to make a smart ass comment that kind of rubbed our faces in it.

It’s not like it’s the end of the world… But if you want to be cheered in your return, maybe you shouldn’t do that. Don’t be a sore winner!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Boo him? Nah. No point in that.

In the end, Bo was a good soldier but IMO a poor captain (14 games in to the Hughes tenure and there has been more accountability than the entire Horvat one). Who knows what he could have become with proper development and support but ultimately he’s not a terrifically important part of canuck history.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I don't care enough about Bo to boo him.

Like it's been said, he was a pretty vanilla captain in the most forgettable years in Canucks history. In 20 years I doubt many people are going to even remember Bo was our captain. He was forgotten pretty quickly.

Reactions: bh53

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Who here can say they've never put their foot in their mouth when put on the spot? It was so overblown. Bo was nothing but a professional during his time here and likely would still be here if management thought they could fit him in. Yet there will be people that will weigh one cringe comment over the years he spent in this uniform and boo him.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
are the casuals who go to the games even aware of what horvat said?

i’m guessing that what we’re really dealing with is a small minority of active fans who are thin skinned enough that they can’t see a good guy who did his best in the tryingest of times in light of one iffy comment. i’m sure someone will boo but i’m predicting there’s no way will the boo birds make a ripple on wednesday.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I have no issue with fans booing Horvat. The guy was our captain, he left, had some early team success, and elected to make a smart ass comment that kind of rubbed our faces in it.

It’s not like it’s the end of the world… But if you want to be cheered in your return, maybe you shouldn’t do that. Don’t be a sore winner!

well i mean he didn’t choose to leave

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
are the casuals who go to the games even aware of what horvat said?

i’m guessing that what we’re really dealing with is a small minority of active fans who are thin skinned enough that they can’t see a good guy who did his best in the tryingest of times in light of one iffy comment. i’m sure someone will boo but i’m predicting there’s no way will the boo birds make a ripple on wednesday.

Outside what he said he didn't lead us anywhere really good player just happy he's not here now

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
He did it was payday he could have signed here for a decent deal imagine he's your 3rd line center today he wouldn't so out .
I get why but he had a choice too
Bo would have to take a 4.5 million dollar discount on his current contract to stay in Vancouver, I would consider him criminally insane and with how terrible the team had been up to this point yay I think he made the best choice for himself

Reactions: Indiana

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Bo would have to take a 4.5 million dollar discount on his current contract to stay in Vancouver, I would consider him criminally insane and with how terrible the team had been up to this point yay I think he made the best choice for himself
Agree he took payday still glad we paid Miller instead

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Outside what he said he didn't lead us anywhere really good player just happy he's not here now

my first reaction was, sure but that’s no reason to boo the man

but on second thought i can’t be mad at that because it’s exactly why i would boo markus naslund all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad