GDT: GM#14 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30-Willie Era Begins!

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
LOL so...on a 5-4 PK, you want a player, to go 15-20 feet out of position, to grab a stick, leaving a 5-3 when the opposition has possession of the puck.....

Ask ANY coach...you EVER run into if that's a good idea.....
ask any racer... any real racer..........

Reactions: riznat

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thompson had a narrow margin to skate back to the bench since it wasn't a good clear.

It's like approaching a yellow light and you have a split second to decide whether or not you go for it or play it safe.

There are many reasons to criticize Thompson, but choosing to be safe in those circumstances isn't a strong case.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yes, I do. Maybe I should be a coach.

LOL no, probably not....ask yourself why you NEVER see a player doing that in the NHL....until the puck is out of the zone, ask yourself...why is that, I mean, it's such a good idea that it almost NEVER happens....

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Too far away, I know it sounds funny, but it takes him out of the play, you are talking a good 15-20 feet out, that is exploited easily.

If the puck is in the middle of a board battle I think it is worth the risk personally. I would rather risk a couple of seconds out of position than have a prolonged period without the ability to control passing lanes. Again obviously this shouldn't be done immediately, but if an opportunity presents itself like the one during that kill, I believe PKers should go for it. However, I am not criticizing Thompson, just talking about the general strategy.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
He's like 12 feet away from the bench wtf are you smoking Lmao

LOL says a guy who has never been on ice...might wanna judge that again, at the best position, when the D has the puck, yea, he's 12 feet away, your right, he should have gone to the bench.....when the puck is behind the goal line you dunce, he's 20 feet away at the top of the circle on the inside....

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
LOL no, probably not....ask yourself why you NEVER see a player doing that in the NHL....until the puck is out of the zone, ask yourself...why is that, I mean, it's such a good idea that it almost NEVER happens....
yes, there are never new ideas in the league, ever, it just never happens, there is never innovation or creative ideas. You are correct.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If the puck is in the middle of a board battle I think it is worth the risk personally. I would rather risk a couple of seconds out of position than have a prolonged period without the ability to control passing lanes. Again obviously this shouldn't be done immediately, but if an opportunity presents itself like the one during that kill, I believe PKers should go for it. However, I am not criticizing Thompson, just talking about the general strategy.

Here's the problem, as soon as he starts to go, puck pops out, leaves his man wide open, 5-3, boom...goal...then you know what everyone is bitching about...Thompson going to get a stick....

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
LOL says a guy who has never been on ice...might wanna judge that again, at the best position, when the D has the puck, yea, he's 12 feet away, your right, he should have gone to the bench.....when the puck is behind the goal line you dunce, he's 20 feet away at the top of the circle on the inside....
honestly why do i get warnings for snapping when a guy like this is allowed to run around calling people dunces without consequence

does literally nothing but bait arguments

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
yes, there are never new ideas in the league, ever, it just never happens, there is never innovation or creative ideas. You are correct.

LOL so your brand new idea you think it will catch on? Why don't you go ask around.....go to the next Jr Kings practice and ask some of the AAA coaches what they think about your idea

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
yes, to be clear, i'm not criticizing Thompson, this is what all players do but i just dont agree with the strategy. Find a window where it makes sense to grab a stick and go for it. There was a chance to do this, yes its a risk but so is not having a stick... and that chance was not taken.

Reactions: crassbonanza

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
LOL so your brand new idea you think it will catch on? Why don't you go ask around.....go to the next Jr Kings practice and ask some of the AAA coaches what they think about your idea
Thankfully i can just ask you, gods gift to the internet and hockey and coaching, and you shot it down so i guess it wont work and no one should try.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
LOL so...on a 5-4 PK, you want a player, to go 15-20 feet out of position, to grab a stick, leaving a 5-3 when the opposition has possession of the puck.....

Ask ANY coach...you EVER run into if that's a good idea.....
Can you not start 80% of your posts with “LOL” like the person you are responding to is a complete f***ing moron? plskthx

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Thankfully i can just ask you, gods gift to the internet and hockey and coaching, and you shot it down so i guess it wont work and no one should try.

Again, there's a reason why it's not done...but hey, who am I to question you, you clearly know why it should be done lol

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Can you not start 80% of your posts with “LOL” like the person you are responding to is a complete ****ing moron? plskthx

I will try...but half the time they are....that's the problem....

Like the people suggesting Thompson leave his position to go get a stick on a PK.....that's....moronic

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Can you not start 80% of your posts with “LOL” like the person you are responding to is a complete ****ing moron? plskthx
My favorite part about him is that he posts all the time about how the board meltsdown after losses and yet 90% of his posts if LOL or FFS, does it all the time but he is the calm rational one.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
My favorite part about him is that he posts all the time about how the board meltsdown after losses and yet 90% of his posts if LOL or FFS, does it all the time but he is the calm rational one.

Dude, the board melts down after wins as well, that's the amusing part

Reactions: riznat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad