GDT: GM#14 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30-Willie Era Begins!

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
One thing I have liked so far this period is that the Kings haven't been resetting nearly as much. They seem to be pushing the puck as soon as they get control in their own zone.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
TOI for the period:
Forwards
High - Kopitar (6:00)
Low - Clifford (2:59)

Defense
High - Doughty (9:59)
Low - Fantenberg (2:51)

Nice to see the forwards distributed quite well. Not too keen on Doughty playing half the period.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
TOI for the period:
Forwards
High - Kopitar (6:00)
Low - Clifford (2:59)

Defense
High - Doughty (9:59)
Low - Fantenberg (2:51)

Nice to see the forwards distributed quite well. Not too keen on Doughty playing half the period.

2 PK and a PP is gonna drive up Doughty's ice time....see what happens in the 2nd/3rd

Reactions: King Trouty

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Well, I guess the alternative was to skate out of play leaving a 5-3.....are you serious??

Thompson had a great opportunity when the puck was beneath the goal line and Budaj was holding out a stick. Obviously players shouldn't ditch assignments to get a stick, but if you are in the 1st or 3rd and the puck is along the boards, I think it would be worthwhile.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Thompson had a great opportunity when the puck was beneath the goal line and Budaj was holding out a stick. Obviously players shouldn't ditch assignments to get a stick, but if you are in the 1st or 3rd and the puck is along the boards, I think it would be worthwhile.
he's just arguing with sol for the sake of arguing with sol

Reactions: crassbonanza

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i kinda like Willie...
humble dude
looks like he's a rational man
and he looks passionate

everything the other idiot wasn't

now can he adapt to the New NHL? time will tell!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Too far away, I know it sounds funny, but it takes him out of the play, you are talking a good 15-20 feet out, that is exploited easily.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yes the alternative is to go grab a stick instead of playing soccer. You must be a terrible coach if judging by the wisdom you post here.

LOL so...on a 5-4 PK, you want a player, to go 15-20 feet out of position, to grab a stick, leaving a 5-3 when the opposition has possession of the puck.....

Ask ANY coach...you EVER run into if that's a good idea.....

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yeah because nate standing there around the blue line while the puck is behind the goal line is so useful. Do you hear yourself

Much more useful than leaving to make it a 5-3,

You realize that Thompson was the one that cleared the zone, right buttercup?

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
LOL so...on a 5-4 PK, you want a player, to go 15-20 feet out of position, to grab a stick, leaving a 5-3 when the opposition has possession of the puck.....

Ask ANY coach...you EVER run into if that's a good idea.....
Yes, I do. Maybe I should be a coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->