Pre-Game Talk: GM 13: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - Feb 15 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Unless I'm mistaken, they only have 22 players on their roster. They had room for Spurgeon either way.

It's all academic now since Malhotra is on IR, but technically you can activate an injured player onto a full roster as long as you put someone else on waivers at the same time and you have the cap space to carry both players.

Basically the player getting put on waivers is immediately designated as a Non-Roster player for 24 hours until they clear waivers or are claimed.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Poor Manny! :cry:

It's too bad that injury happened. That 10-11 team was so sick before that injury.

Pretty excited about Kesler possibly being back. I hope he goes beast mode first game.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm guessing it'll be Cory.

Luongo:
MAR 6 '12 DAL @ VAN L 4 28 24 .857
FEB 26 '12 VAN @ DAL O 3 28 25 .893

Schneider:
MAR 30 '12 DAL @ VAN W 2 30 28 .933
MAR 22 '12 VAN @ DAL W 1 26 25 .962

Oh, I agree. Schneider has been frighteningly dominate against Dallas. Granted, Lu did not start against Calgary and he's destroyed them.

Also, KESLER! So excited to get our core back.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I hope he goes beast mode first game.

I called my Dad to tell him about Kesler returning (and Manny not) and his reaction was pretty much the opposite of yours.

I mean it would be nice to see him have a good game, but for the sake of a healthy line up when it counts in the playoffs, I hope he eases himself in a little slower than beast mode.

Start off first with a little guard dog mode, then step it up a notch to pit bull mode... eventually a little monster mode than BOOM! Beast mode.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So it would appear the lines will be...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Volaptti - Lapierre - Weise

Me likey.

Crows*

Me likey.

Add booth and another depth established grinder vet and that lineup is sick

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Me likey.

It will be interesting to see Kassian and Kesler play together. Higgins and Kesler have done well in the past but I'm really looking forward to watching Kesler and Kassian to see if they can click. It has the potential to work well with Kassian and Higgins doing some of the heavy lifting for Kesler who can go to the net. Kassian has shown some pretty elite passing ability on a couple of goals this year.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Me likey.

That's a great lineup with Booth in it, but I'm still a bit weary about how we don't have a really great checking line that can lift burden off of Kesler's line and Lapierre has played his best hockey in a 3rd line role.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
I'm guessing it'll be Cory.

Luongo:
MAR 6 '12 DAL @ VAN L 4 28 24 .857
FEB 26 '12 VAN @ DAL O 3 28 25 .893

Schneider:
MAR 30 '12 DAL @ VAN W 2 30 28 .933
MAR 22 '12 VAN @ DAL W 1 26 25 .962

Maybe Cory can become a 'Dallas killer'. Wasn't his first NHL game against them? I seem to remember he gave up a few goals but played fantastic.

ZenMaster*

wow they're really splitting the goaltending down the middle.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
12 goals and 20 points for Kesler this game.

And he knocks over Baby Bennie and makes him cry.

Afterwards, he'll find the cure for cancer and create the first legitimate perpetual motion machine.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
What a difference one player makes, albeit a very important player... hope it comes together on the ice.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
That's a great lineup with Booth in it, but I'm still a bit weary about how we don't have a really great checking line that can lift burden off of Kesler's line and Lapierre has played his best hockey in a 3rd line role.

Really like the lineup!! If Booth comes back i guess you can put Hansen with Weise and Lapierre and that is a very good checking line. I am not that excited about Booth coming back. I like the forward lines as they are. Unless we are bringing a star forward back. With Booth and Luongo traded and Manny on the IR we could take back any contract in the league this year. Gillis has alot of options.

People were worried about this week suddenly Dallas, St louis, are not looking too scary. Chicago is the same team as always when Vancouver plays them. I think Vancouver is the team to beat in the West, Boston in the east. The more things change the more they stay the same. This team should be better than the finals team by year end injuries permitting.

I hope we get an elite forward for Luongo/Booth. It is the only missing piece, perhaps an upgrade from Alberts as the 7th dman. This could be the year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad