Pre-Game Talk: GM 13: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - Feb 15 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Vancouver Canucks VS. Dallas Stars

Canucks' Record: 8-2-2 vs. Stars' Record: 7-6-1

WHEN: Friday, February 15, 2013
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, B.C.
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Volpatti

Bieksa - Garrison
Hamhuis - Edler
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Dallas Stars' Starting Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:
- Vancouver G Cory Schneider will start in goal for Vancouver.
- Vancouver F Ryan Kesler may return from injury for this game.
- Vancouver F Henrik Sedin needs only 1 point to tie F Markus Naslund for the franchise scoring lead.
- Vancouver F Manny Malholtra has been placed on the IR and will not play again this season.

The Last Meeting:

Star Killers:
Henrik Sedin - 42GP, 8G, 30A, 38Pts
Mason Raymond - 18GP, 6G, 5A, 11Pts
Cory Schneider - 5GP, 4-1-0, 1.41 GAA, .960SVP, 0 SO

Canuck Killers:
Loui Eriksson - 22GP, 7G, 10A, 17Pts
Jaromir Jagr - 23GP, 12G, 20A, 32Pts
Michael Ryder - 11GP, 5G, 5A, 10Pts

M A K A V E L I*

If Luongo starts and plays lights out again. He can solidify himself the best goalie in the NHL. And we go brag about it on the main board. :P

I'm guessing it'll be Cory.

Luongo:
MAR 6 '12 DAL @ VAN L 4 28 24 .857
FEB 26 '12 VAN @ DAL O 3 28 25 .893

Schneider:
MAR 30 '12 DAL @ VAN W 2 30 28 .933
MAR 22 '12 VAN @ DAL W 1 26 25 .962

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
If dallas plays defense like they did vs. the flames and the twins keep playin like they have. the Twins are going to have a field day

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
If dallas plays defense like they did vs. the flames and the twins keep playin like they have. the Twins are going to have a field day

Bachman was in against the Flames. Lehtonen is likely to start this game and he has been excellent this season, especially of late.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Bachman was in against the Flames. Lehtonen is likely to start this game and he has been excellent this season, especially of late.

Is it weird that I have more confidence when they play against established goalies rather than obscure backups?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Looks like Kesler is making his return tomorrow.

‏@botchford
Not a bad look, sedins-burrows, Higgins-kesler-Kassian, Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen, volpatti-lapierre-weise.

EXCELLENT...

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Nobody got waived today so unless they can put Malhotra on IR, those lines are impossible.

No they aren't, see Minnesota when the played the Canucks. They put Kassian on a non-roster slot for one game and then placed him on Waivers the day after. This allowed them to dress Jared Spurgeon. There is a loop hole.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'll throw this out there again... Canucks hold a press conference tomorrow to announce that Manny is retiring.

It crossed my mind. Maybe takes up full-time coaching instead? He certainly has a lot to teach.

No they aren't, see Minnesota when the played the Canucks. They put Kassian on a non-roster slot for one game and then placed him on Waivers the day after. This allowed them to dress Jared Spurgeon. There is a loop hole.

Unless I'm mistaken, they only have 22 players on their roster. They had room for Spurgeon either way.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
@News1130Sports
Breaking - Manny Maholtra's agent Paul Krepelka just told CKWX that the Canucks will be announcing soon what's going on with Manny.

@News1130Sports
Krepelka coudn't comment but says everything will be cleared up soon.

‏@News1130Sports
Krepelka did say Manny "will be in Vancouver a long time - it's his new home". Take from that what you will.

Coach or Player Development role is my guess.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
It crossed my mind. Maybe takes up full-time coaching instead? He certainly has a lot to teach.

Unless I'm mistaken, they only have 22 players on their roster. They had room for Spurgeon either way.

No they had to make room, they called up Kuemper to start because of Harding's MS medication issues. 3 goalies + 6 defense + 12 Forwards = 21 Skaters at the very least and according to NHL.com Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Nate Prosser were skaters who were scratched for the game. That's 23 players (roster limit) and then you add Kassian.

Although it looks like Manny is goin on the IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad