Pre-Game Talk: GM 13: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - Feb 15 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Canuck Killers:
Jaromir Jagr - 23GP, 12G, 20A, 32Pts

And it's his birthday tomorrow too:cry:

Yaaaay Jagr.

SUPER NUMBER ONE CZECH REPUBLICA JAROMIR.

jarg.jpg

Dado

Jagr is legendary, yes, but the Stars are not a good team. This should be a straightforward - not "easy", but straightforward - win.

3-1 Vancouver.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
If our winning streak had to be cut short by some team, I wouldn't mind it being the Stars. They have a pretty stacked offense. Jagr, Benn, Eriksson, Roy, Ryder, Morrow, Whitney(injured still?), etc. Dallas is one of my more liked teams in the Western Conference.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Lehtonen can put on a clinic if the Stars play a structured game. Kassian, Burrows, Hansen and Higgins will have to really get in his kitchen or he will stop everything.

I'm also interested to watch Brendan Dillon some more. He looks like an Adam Foote type player. He's a bit rough around the edges but he's huge and mobile.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Lehtonen can put on a clinic if the Stars play a structured game. Kassian, Burrows, Hansen and Higgins will have to really get in his kitchen or he will stop everything.

I'm also interested to watch Brendan Dillon some more. He looks like an Adam Foote type player. He's a bit rough around the edges but he's huge and mobile.

If the Calgary game was any indicator, the Stars don't know the meaning of structured.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Pretty hyped to see the Higgens-Kesler-Kassian..

Top line is the top line...
great to see the 21-45-36 kept together... and why wouldn't they?
They have been a great puck possession line and are meshing nicely... no need to disturb that. I think Schroeder has Zero goals scored against 5-on-5. 25% of the season gone, no goals against. Leave that line alone!

I just love the skill set mix of the 20-17-9 line... Can't wait to see how Kassian's passing skills mix with Kesler's shot. that line should be able wreak havoc in front of the net, and have the ability to rush.

3 solid, reliable and dangerous lines.

And Ebbett gets bashed here a lot (deservingly so, when on the 2nd line) ... but he's perfect in a 4th line role right now... Made a number of great decisions with the puck last game... and playing Lappy and Weise makes for a good 4th.
Won't have the luxury of being able to send it out as often for defensive zone faceoffs like AV is used to doing.. I guess Kesler line will scoop that role more often, and the 4th will get put out in neutral zone faceoffs more often... which isn't a bad thing for them.

Anyways... excited.

... Question for the board...
Post-season dreams set aside...

Would you rather see this team win the President's Trophy or the Jennings this yr?
(assuming both and neither are not options)

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Pretty hyped to see the Higgens-Kesler-Kassian..

Top line is the top line...
great to see the 21-45-36 kept together... and why wouldn't they?
They have been a great puck possession line and are meshing nicely... no need to disturb that. I think Schroeder has Zero goals scored against 5-on-5. 25% of the season gone, no goals against. Leave that line alone!

I just love the skill set mix of the 20-17-9 line... Can't wait to see how Kassian's passing skills mix with Kesler's shot. that line should be able wreak havoc in front of the net, and have the ability to rush.

3 solid, reliable and dangerous lines.

And Ebbett gets bashed here a lot (deservingly so, when on the 2nd line) ... but he's perfect in a 4th line role right now... Made a number of great decisions with the puck last game... and playing Lappy and Weise makes for a good 4th.
Won't have the luxury of being able to send it out as often for defensive zone faceoffs like AV is used to doing.. I guess Kesler line will scoop that role more often, and the 4th will get put out in neutral zone faceoffs more often... which isn't a bad thing for them.

Anyways... excited.

Would you rather see this team win the President's Trophy or the Jennings this yr?

President's Trophy with either Schneider or Luongo winning the Vezina :sarcasm:

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Kesler will probably have a pretty solid outing. It's the subsequent games afterwards where I'm thinking he'll really struggle. That kind of pattern tends to happen a lot for forwards coming back from major injury:

Play awesome first few games due to adrenaline, then calm down for a long stretch before finding old rhythm once more. Happened to Raymond last year as well.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

PT Easily. PT 3 times in a row has never been done in history, and would likely be a record for many years to come.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If Kesler is indeed back in, he scores and Canucks win 4-1. Without Kesler, Canucks win 4-1. :laugh:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Saw this on the mainboard:

Aaron Volpatti's starts in the offensive zone 5v5 less than 40% (39.6%) of the time, yet he leads the league in offensive zone 5v5 finish percentage with 65.2%.

Thank Manny for taking and winning the defensive zone faceoffs... 4th line would win it, get out of the zone send the wingers in to forecheck while Manny would be the first off as the center... Our 4 th line overall was awesomely reliable and AV's use of them without hesitation in starting in the D zone was an incredible luxury to have.

I predict now without Manny, Kesler will be soaking up that Dzone faceoff responsibility with the 4th line getting more neutral zone starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad