GDT: GM#12 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30 pm 11/1/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers(5-7-0 10pts, 7th in Metro) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(3-7-1, 7 pts, Last in Pacific):thumbd:
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
LAK 2-0 PHI Oct 5, 2017
LAK 4-1 PHI Dec 18, 2017
:kings:flyers
PP/PK29th/20th22nd/30th
Faceoffs7th1st
Leading ScorersIlya Kovalchuk: 3 goals, 5 assists, 8 pointsClaude Giroux: 3 goals, 10 assists, 13 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
mgs6c0A.png

Aq3IEaw.png

i5o3NXE.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Sheldon Rempal
Injuries: Jonathan Quick, Gabriel Vilardi, Johnny Brodzinski

:flyers
fKbA3zY.png

KYZcELO.png

JgtPXxt.png

Injuries: Michal Neuvirth, JVR, Michael Raffl

cut.jpg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Is it wrong of me to laugh maniacally if the Kings win and everyone on this board melts down again?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is it wrong of me to laugh maniacally if the Kings win and everyone on this board melts down again?

Yes, because two wins against lottery-tanking rebuilding bottom-feeders isn't the antidote to anything.

Feel free to cheer for a victory, but gloating because the 31st-place team in the nhl beat two other lottery teams and 2 of the 3 lowest goal differentials in the league is definitely maniacal in context with everything else.

personally i'm not at all happy with the win against the Rangers because it placated the current management team into thinking everything is fine.

Now, if they utterly dominate this game and win 4-0 or something? I'll take note. But another narrow, lucky squeaker? Barf.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
cute gdt! dia de todos los santos would be appropriate as well, but this is much jucier :)

rather important game, momentum-wise.

flyers have a lot of their own problems and from what i read they seem vulnerable.

most of my tipsters fancy kings chances here, but i'll just skip and try to enjoy the game. everything seem possible tonight. gkg!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yes, because two wins against lottery-tanking rebuilding bottom-feeders isn't the antidote to anything.

Feel free to cheer for a victory, but gloating because the 31st-place team in the nhl beat two other lottery teams and 2 of the 3 lowest goal differentials in the league is definitely maniacal in context with everything else.

personally i'm not at all happy with the win against the Rangers because it placated the current management team into thinking everything is fine.

Now, if they utterly dominate this game and win 4-0 or something? I'll take note. But another narrow, lucky squeaker? Barf.

LOL, not saying it's the anti-dote, but there is a certain something when the team that fans proclaim to....well be a fan off....win and they are angry, that's...amusing as hell.

As in..."I'm so angry the team I am cheering for is winning" I get the why, doesn't make it any less amusing.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Game days always have me feeling like a kid on Christmas morning.

You know, because Christmas was the day mom got super drunk and told us we're not getting presents because we're little shits and laughed at me when I told mall Santa that the only thing I wanted this year was for dad to come home.

Yay, game day.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Kovalchuk on his own line doing his own thing similar to Kessel in Pittsburgh. No problem with that line of thinking, would be nice if Pearson and Carter could check out of the hotel though.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, let’s continue to leave the most productive player out of the top 6 because we eked out a win vs the lowly Rags.

Come on, that first line has looked great, no reason to complain about Iafallo on the first. Also Kovi and Kempe seem to work well together and the hope is that reuniting that 70's line will get them all going. IThere's not really much of an issue with the forward lines(outside of Thompson playing).

Reactions: mrkolice

Winger23

May 3, 2007
LOL, not saying it's the anti-dote, but there is a certain something when the team that fans proclaim to....well be a fan off....win and they are angry, that's...amusing as hell.

As in..."I'm so angry the team I am cheering for is winning" I get the why, doesn't make it any less amusing.

I'm rooting for losses because I'm a fan of team and can see the writing on the wall. I want them to be competing for the cup, not just fighting for a playoff spot. Not sure why you find it amusing.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'm rooting for losses because I'm a fan of team and can see the writing on the wall. I want them to be competing for the cup, not just fighting for a playoff spot. Not sure why you find it amusing.

I find it amusing because the more they win, the more pissed off the doom and gloom become....

Reactions: crassbonanza

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
rooting against your own team is bad for your health. whatever the reason. sometimes i find myself in such situation when i see they really suck and so i bet against them, but it doesn't feel good however it ends, even when i make big money. emotional investment is in a way the same, so i can relate to this point of view. but still it's bad for your health.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Tanner Pearson hasn’t scored a goal since March 19, and he has a single assist this season, which came in the home opener.

Top six talent right there.

If you are hoping he can build up trade value, might as well keep him in the top 6 and hope he starts producing. The current issue is his line mates are struggling as well.

Putting him in the bottom 6 isn’t going to do much for him.

I’m just hoping he can somehow go on a heater and MAYBE there is some interest in him whereby the Kings can return decent value, if they are thinking about moving him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad