GDT: GM#12 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30 pm 11/1/18

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I wish the draft system didn't reward teams for losing, that way I could still root for my team to win.

If the team infrastructure sucks, it's not a reward.

With the Kings history of developing forwards with their current staff, how do you think they would handle someone like Hughes?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

With the Kings history of developing forwards with their current staff, how do you think they would handle someone like Hughes?

Give him fourth line minutes until he gets a point, then play him 8 minutes with Trevor Lewis and Kyle Clifford, then demote him again when he misses a stick check in the offensive zone, then send him down to Ontario after 5 games to play 3rd line minutes. What do I win?

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I now find myself cheering for the Wings, Panthers, Rangers and Blues to win...wings tied with NJ, 2-2 with 7 mins to go. (madness, due to Kings ineptitude)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

The Kings haven't had the opportunity to draft many forwards high.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I got mail from Alex Faust today which was pretty cool.

He sent me all his notes for the game we played against Toronto. Fun to look at.
That's awesome. What did he write in there? Don't tell me it's all "Austin Matthews" 100x with a bunch of hearts.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
That's awesome. What did he write in there? Don't tell me it's all "Austin Matthews" 100x with a bunch of hearts.
I'll try and post a picture of the stuff tomorrow.

He said he'll probably give more away later this season. So if you follow him on Twitter be on the look out.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I would love to know why Pearson is seeing any amount of PP time.

He's played over 300 games. He's a veteran of sorts. Veterans tend to get a chance to play their way out of...whatever has gotten into Pearson. It sucks. Young guys tend not to get the same room for mistakes. That's usually how life works though. 6th highest cap hit for forwards on the team. Getting more cash than his cap hit. They want goals and points from him. I mean, they need them, but it's real money they're paying him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad