GDT: GM#12 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30 pm 11/1/18

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
True about Ontario...BUT, JAD has much promise, Kupari has 12 pts in 16 games as an 18 yr old in Liga, and has legit talent and elite speed...and Akil Thomas #3 in scoring in OHL...
then there's Sodgergran, 5 goals on the 3rd line in SHL...Clague has ability and needs 1-2 years in AHL. Brickley and Petersen have promise. Mikey Anderson on #1 Minn Duluth team.
Best prospect pool in years...especially if Vilardi is ready soon. Just no one to make a difference now.

Trevor Lewis was a PPG player in Jr's and had 51 points in 75 games in the AHL for a year. You don't know how anyone is going to produce in the NHL. Look at Toffoli/Pearson/Kempe.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kempe is what now ? 1 for 40 ? How is that even possible for someone receiving his ice time and PP time.

Clifford has at least five goals in his last 50 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telos
Jun 30, 2006
So.... Blake.

Anything? Is this really how you envision the team?

At least with Lombardi and Sutter, the Kings had an identity.

What is real troubling is the fact that Futa is the assistant GM and doesn’t look like he is doing much there either to help Blake.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Well, at the very least, the Kings made short work of our playoff dreams. They didn’t leave us waiting or gripping onto false hopes. They just came right out and dashed them in an instant.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
What is real troubling is the fact that Futa is the assistant GM and doesn’t look like he is doing much there either to help Blake.

I think Futa may be out scouting unsigned talent, like last year, when they signed Strand and Kehler early last season. Good moves. They need to unearth all the potential talent they can.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Between 2006 to 2016, how many top six forwards have come up through the Kings' pipeline? Just Tyler Toffoli? Holy crap that is beyond abysmal.

It's amazing, and people try and defend the Kings drafting the last decade. The Kings may have drafted more 4th liners or guys who had cups of coffee than anyone else, and people reference that to say the drafting has been strong. But please, give me one Vladimir Tarasenko or Kyle Connor over three of Shore, Clifford and Forbort.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Oh dear. I missed the game tonight and I've only read this page and by the sound of it we must have been really bad

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's amazing, and people try and defend the Kings drafting the last decade. The Kings may have drafted more 4th liners or guys who had cups of coffee than anyone else, and people reference that to say the drafting has been strong. But please, give me one Vladimir Tarasenko or Kyle Connor over three of Shore, Clifford and Forbort.

You don't know how many times I got attacked for calling their drafting into question. Those types of decisions set organizations back for many years. Just look at the Raiders as a prime example of that. You miss on those high draft picks, you'll be paying for the consequences for many, many years. And on top of those misses, they dealt away a number of those picks.

It's like a repeat of the mistakes the organization kept making in the 70s and 80s in dealing high picks for quick fixes. Thankfully Blake has restrained from making such moves, and I hope this downfall forces him to get rid of dead weight that's been lingering around for far too long.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Well, at the very least, the Kings made short work of our playoff dreams. They didn’t leave us waiting or gripping onto false hopes. They just came right out and dashed them in an instant.
Oh, just wait. The division is shit right now too. Canucks, Flames, and Oilers are the top 3. Kings will go on a 6 game win streak somewhere and get back in the race just to get our hopes back up.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
After watching games this season, I miss Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regher...and Greene from his good years. (even though it's been a few yrs) None of them were adequately replaced. Hell, Folin looked better tonight than most any King defenseman,

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
After watching games this season, I miss Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regher...and Greene from his good years. None of them were adequately replaced. Hell, Folin looked better
tonight than most any King defenseman,
They would've been nice on two of the Flyers goals when the guy was just sitting there in the crease waiting for the puck.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
'Help us Ilya Kovalchuk - you're our only hope!'

giphy.gif

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Ontario 5-3 win tonight...Luff with 2 more goals. 6 g 6 a 12 pts in 8 games. Rempal 2 more goals. 6 goals in 6 games and Amadio 3 assists, 5 shots and plus 3. Wish Amadio got a fair shake
and not over half his minutes on line 4. Luff emerging player.

Jun 30, 2006

Drafting isn’t why this team is in last place.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Kempe is bad, the Kings rushed him because "muh speed", but besides an incredible streak of luck last year he hasn't earned anything given to him. The fact that he's so abysmal defensively and still treated as a center says so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad