Pre-Game Talk: GM 1: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - Wed, May 1 - 7:30PM PST - TSN (PT 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
tumblr_m1sazvFmlB1qbx3o0o1_500.png

yup, still there

Andrew "Debt"ett

cuz we go into debt when he plays and when we make his jerseys.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
The Blue's 4th line is the kind i'd like to see the Canucks throw out there. Weise- Lapierre- Kassian please. No freaking Ebbett.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Another poster pointed it out but we might see our top guys relied upon more. I think we see:

Hamhuis - Garrison ~27 min
Edler - Bieksa ~24 min

It's gonna make a world of difference having a great two way pair on for nearly half the game.
It can be our (poor man's) version of Suter - Weber...just a tier below Vlasic - Braun :sarcasm:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Hopefully the guys are watching the LA/STL game and know that it is possible sharks comes out with that kind of physicality. We better match them if they come out like that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I fully expect the Canucks to come out flying and firing on all cylinders. If they want it as bad as they say, they'll do just that, and I believe they will.

I'm pumped. Go Nucks!!!

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
@JSportsnet
Officiating Supervisors in the West: Det-Ana- Mick McGeough. LA-St.L- Rob Shick. SJ-Van- Kris King. Minn-Chi- Don Koharski.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Hopefully the guys are watching the LA/STL game and know that it is possible sharks comes out with that kind of physicality. We better match them if they come out like that.

I like what the Blues are doing; they are negating the Kings' puck-possession game by moving the puck out quickly, and the Blues have a nice mix of speed, skill and size to keep giving the Kings different looks.

I think that's the kind of game plan that the Canucks need to employ. As long as the Canucks actually show up motivated and ready to play, it's going to be a competitive series. I think it's important to note that our depth players are average in size at best.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
looking at the Blue-Kings game and how physical it is. Reaves is destroying LA's defense. 8 hits already. In a long series you need things like this to wear guys like Doughty down. Hopefully Seisto/Weise/Pinnzotto can provide that for us. Ebbett will get hurt against those teams.

Benjo

Mar 25, 2009
What's up with ticket availability? I heard there are a ton of tickets out there and noone is snappin em up..

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
God I'm so nervous, my avatar hasn't changed in over 3/4 years...unless you count the "win it for manny"

After last years ****acular performance, I expect better

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
What's up with ticket availability? I heard there are a ton of tickets out there and noone is snappin em up..

There were a bunch of lower bowl tickets still available, so the Canucks sent an email out to employees + sponsors with a code to get 50% off, and they said it was fine to spread the news about it.
You could get a lower bowl ticket for $130. (don't know if they're still available)

I was tempted to buy a pair, but I'm saving up my money right now.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
tumblr_m1sazvFmlB1qbx3o0o1_500.png

yup, still there

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that's it. I'm calling an exorcist.

these are both probably true

Yeah, I'd lean in that direction. Clowe's play really fell off a cliff in SJ this year. And Torres is happy to be somewhere the rest of the team doesn't hate his guts for a few weeks, so he's motivated.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I nice quote from Kesler agrees:

“We know what it takes to get to a final and Game 7 of a final. We’re hungry this year, and I can feel the energy in the room. I see how bad guys want it.â€

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/H...o+Beast+Mode/8317956/story.html#ixzz2S06IvD1X

if they are hungrier and want it so bad this year. maybe they should learn to finish an opponent early! plus coach a.v must let these guys put more pressure on the oppostion if they have a lead by 2 or more goals.

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Slightly OT, Cuthbert and Ferraro are doing the Wings Ducks game. Does that mean we get Miller Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad