Pre-Game Talk: Gm 1 of 82. @ Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder how Sutter and Beagle compare to Cave and Haas.
I wonder how Beagle and Sutter compare to any other third and fourth line centers in the entire league? They might be the worst in all of hockey is you just look at their production over the past two seasons relative to what they earn.

For all of the pumping of tires about all the positive changes on the Cancuks, the bottom six might actually be worse than a year ago, if that's possible. A total of $15.5m in cap space tied up in Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter and Schaller....surely the most spendthrift third and fourth lines in the Salary Cap Era.

I have no idea how Benning can look at this flotsam and jetsam third and fourth lines, and not feel at least a little queasy.

Reactions: Hit the post

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I wonder how Beagle and Sutter compare to any other third and fourth line centers in the entire league? They might be the worst in all of hockey is you just look at their production over the past two seasons relative to what they earn.

For all of the pumping of tires about all the positive changes on the Cancuks, the bottom six might actually be worse than a year ago, if that's possible. A total of $15.5m in cap space tied up in Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter and Schaller....surely the most spendthrift third and fourth lines in the Salary Cap Era.

I have no idea how Benning can look at this flotsam and jetsam third and fourth lines, and not feel at least a little queasy.
I'd be worried if Willie D (1-2-3-4) was the coach. He ain't, so they aren't going to get as much icetime. Will likely be a problem obviously later on the season (see how we ran out of gas under Torts).

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I wonder how Beagle and Sutter compare to any other third and fourth line centers in the entire league?
From Daily faceoff...

Pac
Van: Sutter, Beagle
Ana: Henrique, Shore
Az: Soderberg, Richardson
Cgy: Ryan, Jankowski
Edm: Cave, Haas
LAK: Lizotte, Amadio
SJS: Thornton, Gambrell
VGK: Glass, Nosek

Cen
Chi: Kampt, Carpenter
Col: Compher, Bellemare
Dal: Faksa, Dowling
Min: Koivu, Eriksson Ek
Nas: Turris, Bonino
StL: Bozak, Sunqvist
Wpg: Lowry, Letestu

East
Bos: Coyle, Lindholm
Buf: Mittlestat, Larsson
Car: Haula, Wallmark
CBJ: Jenner, Nash
Det: Glendening, De la Rose
Fla: Borgstrom, Acciari
Mon: Kotkaniemi, Thomson
NJD: Zajac, Zacha
NYI: Brassard, Kuhnhackl
NYR: Howden, Andersson
Ott: Anisimov, Pageau
Phi: Laughton, Bunnaman
Pit: Bjugstad, Blueger
TBL: Johnson, Smith
Tor: Kerfoot, Spezza
Was: Stephenson, Dowd

Reactions: CanuckCity

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Utica only plays two games prior to Oct 16 so maybe Gaudette gets a Vancouver paycheque for a couple of weeks as a reward for a good camp before being returned to the minors? Who knows. I think he needs to play, one place or the other. I see some strategic value in simultaneously giving Sutter the chance to restore his trade commodity value as a respectable 3C-- they need to dump his salary before next season-- and also putting Gaudette in a position to be an all-situations player in Utica to round out his game.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I can never forget that McDavid has the ability to win the game himself.

Hope our top 2 lines do well, win or lose.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks have the edge between the pipes.....who's playing goal for Edmonton?...whether it's Smith or Koskinen, the mantra should be shoot early and shoot often.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That's the oiler roster after 4 first overall picks, a 3rd overall, a 4th overall, a 8th overall, and a 10th overall from 2010 to 2018.

And looking at their roster it's hard to comprehend how they're up against the cap ceiling, when unlike us they're spending relatively little on their bottom six. Also ironically for the high profile trades Chiarelli messed up his Scrivens for Kassian trade I think is a better value deal than anything Benning has been able to pull off.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Got to wonder how much patience McDavid has left. That’s putrid support for the best player in the league and nothing has improved since last year.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Got to wonder how much patience McDavid has left. That’s putrid support for the best player in the league and nothing has improved since last year.

It feels like the support has only gotten weaker with each passing year. Having taken Dmen with their first picks the last couple years it does not look like support is on its way either. Another year upcoming where McDavid is going to take a pounding trying to drag that team along behind him. Trading Hall set them back 5+ years.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-2 Canucks i think for this one with our goals by Stecher, Pearson, Boeser and Pettersson

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Our bottom 6 is f***ing gross. That is not an NHL bottom 6 that’s AHL/4th line quality hockey players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad