Glen Healey a changed man?

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
I dont know whats going on tonight but does anyone else notice he's hardly saying anything negative about toronto and is in fact complimenting them! He must have been told to smarten up or he'd be shipped out

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Wow. I thought I was the only one who noticed. I was shocked I wasn't repulsed when he first opened his mouth

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Very few fans from all teams on HF liked him, so I assume he isn't that well liked by other people either. Wouldn't surprise me if he was told to lay off a bit/completely.

jughead42*

I'm not sure when it happened, but Healy made the transformation from a backup goalie with a quick wit and understanding of the game, to a bitter grouch who finds negativity in everything. His condescending attitude towards broadcasters who lack his NHL playing experience is somewhat understandable but off putting none the less. Probably got laid, because he seems to have mellowed tonight.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
When talking about Myers being down he said "you're shooting on a good goalie" .. I was shocked.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
You jinxed it... he literally just went, kessel's "rare" burst of speed.... really... rare?

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Glenn Healy: "You'd be shocked to know, the leafs are getting outshot. Oh wait... no you wouldn't be surprised."

Nawh he just keeps adding

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Healy is leaf fan, you can tell because if he wasn't his superiors would say stop the hate bias.

Truth is, Healy loves them so much he can't help but point out all the crap they are doing that makes no sense.

He is like a lot of long time leaf fans I know.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If I were running the NHL, I would refuse to give CBC even one game in the upcoming Canadian TV deal until they fire Healy, permanently.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Nah, Healy is still the same as usual. It just changes when Reimer is in net because it seems like he's a fan of him. He even said that due to the "smaller pads" that Reimer was going to have a very good year...this is coming from someone who is critical of our goalies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nah, Healy is still the same as usual. It just changes when Reimer is in net because it seems like he's a fan of him. He even said that due to the "smaller pads" that Reimer was going to have a very good year...this is coming from someone who is critical of our goalies.

Healy I awesome

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Leaf fans are weird. They hate Healy because he's too critical of Leafs, yet spend a whole lot of time criticizing the Leafs themselves.

snizzbone*

I thought he was pretty tame tonight.. then they started talking about players needed a hug and Healy said something along the lines of:

Healy: "Hey I had Mike Keenan."
Other commentator "Might need more than a hug."
Healy: "Needed 7 days off and a handgun."

BayStreetBullies*

Healy is leaf fan, you can tell because if he wasn't his superiors would say stop the hate bias.

Truth is, Healy loves them so much he can't help but point out all the crap they are doing that makes no sense.

He is like a lot of long time leaf fans I know.

Which means he's an old guy who does nothing but complain. Makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad