Glen Healey a changed man?

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
He's a dick but he tells it like it is. It's just that nobody wants to tune into a game to hear their favourite team being criticized. Especially the hard cores who take everything personal…Like 80% of sports fans

Listen I am pretty level headed when it comes to my Toronto Maple Leafs. I am always looking at the things that need improvement or areas that are our weakest but that being said I am not afraid to give credit where credit is due nor will I do so only to back it up with some snide comment which is not needed and more or less a cheap shot.

Healy does not tell it like it is nor do he every offer and great insight to the Toronto Maple Leafs or any sports team for that matter. He is just a miserable man who gets his sick twisted jollies by being the most hated man in Canada every Saturday night....

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
He used to drive me nuts but last night he was pretty fun. His comment about what it was like to play for Keenan was genuinely humorous. As much as like I like the Sportsnet crew as good people, they can be too fanboy to take seriously. Having the CBC guys who give the team some stick makes it more interesting. I'm glad we get both. Rather have either of those broadcast teams than listen to Ray Ferraro. He makes Healy seem jolly.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Healy is a little bit critical of the leafs. But that's because he's a leafs fan, he hates it when we are getting outplayed like alot of us on the board here. What is he supposed to say when we get killed in Vancouver, or when we start to get outplayed in the 3rd by Buffalo?

The leafs best players have been the goalies and he's been correct on the 2 goals scored last night, Bernier tends to get a bit further out of his net quicker than Reimer, and he did give credit to the shooter when they were blasting it past Reimer in the 3rd.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I dont know whats going on tonight but does anyone else notice he's hardly saying anything negative about toronto and is in fact complimenting them! He must have been told to smarten up or he'd be shipped out
u can only bite the hand that feeds ya so long .....healy likley got told to look at both teams when he criticizes.....its better than unemployement hey heals?

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I almost did a spit take when he was talking about Tyler Myers being too hard on himself after getting stopped on a very good scoring chance against a "good goalie" (in reference to Reimer)! How many times have I heard him crap on Reimer over the years before that one came out of the blue?

Last edited:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Healy is leaf fan, you can tell because if he wasn't his superiors would say stop the hate bias.

Truth is, Healy loves them so much he can't help but point out all the crap they are doing that makes no sense.

He is like a lot of long time leaf fans I know.

I know.. people on here are way more critical of the Leafs than Healey is

MapleLeaf4ever

Feb 9, 2013
GTA
He said there is someone else he would get rid of before Healy but didn't name who

Probably Stock :laugh:

In all honesty though, a much as I despise Healy and hate hughson (Simpson is okay I guess) PJ Stock just flat out annoys me. He interrupts the adults when they talk and its usually with something dumb. CBC should do an overhaul on there broadcasters minus Ron and Don and weeks.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
It just bothers me that pretty much every team's commentators are so positive to the point of homerism about their team, except ours. I would rather our announcers be completely homer than be like Hughson, Simpson, and Healey. The negativity spewed out of their mouths every week does nothing but contribute to the cynicism, pessimism, and overall lack of credit that the Leafs get from other fan bases, as well as their own uninformed fans.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yeah, something is definitely up with Healy lately. This morning on the Jeff Blair show on the Fan590, he graded the Leafs an 'A' for the first quarter of the season.

camper*

Listen I am pretty level headed when it comes to my Toronto Maple Leafs. I am always looking at the things that need improvement or areas that are our weakest but that being said I am not afraid to give credit where credit is due nor will I do so only to back it up with some snide comment which is not needed and more or less a cheap shot.

Healy does not tell it like it is nor do he every offer and great insight to the Toronto Maple Leafs or any sports team for that matter. He is just a miserable man who gets his sick twisted jollies by being the most hated man in Canada every Saturday night....

Would have to agree, he's a pouter too boot, Healy is a cheap shot artist with his comments. He believes he knows more than everyone. Proffessional..:NO. He is trying to make a living by making brash statements about players/coaches. This guy is negative as hell and has no place with a microphone on tv;)

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON
Leaf fans are weird. They hate Healy because he's too critical of Leafs, yet spend a whole lot of time criticizing the Leafs themselves.

I hate him because he says stupid things that aren't based on reality.

He's "critical" of Reimer's "weak glove" (which doesn't exist), his "terrible rebound control" (which is no worse than average), Kessel being "lazy" (which isn't true), and just numerous other awful narratives that have no fact in them whatsoever.

Healy should be dropped out of an airplane without a parachute.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I hate him because he says stupid things that aren't based on reality.

He's "critical" of Reimer's "weak glove" (which doesn't exist), his "terrible rebound control" (which is no worse than average), Kessel being "lazy" (which isn't true), and just numerous other awful narratives that have no fact in them whatsoever.

Healy should be dropped out of an airplane without a parachute.

To be fair Reimer does have a poor glove hand, the book on him is to always shoot high but then again a lot of butterfly goalies struggle with their glove. Reimer has a history of poor rebound control (just look at Game 7 last year) but to his credit he's worked a lot at it in the offseason and he's toned down that area alot compared to the past few seasons. Kessel can be really lazy, there is no doubt the guy is skilled (probably one of the top 5 or so in the league) but the dude does take a lot of nights off out there and when you're making $10M next season that kind of crap isn't acceptable.

Healy can be incredibly biased against the Leafs but not everything he says is hateful, wrong or ignornant either.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

imo he is not as bad this year but also the Leafs are playing better. If we go on a losing streak he will be back to his old ways.

Jackothy

Jun 10, 2009
On a very regular basis.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
He's a dick but he tells it like it is. It's just that nobody wants to tune into a game to hear their favourite team being criticized. Especially the hard cores who take everything personal…Like 80% of sports fans
Did he "tell it like it is" when he insisted! that Reimer was faking an injury when Gionta blind sided him?

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
I think Healey tells it like it is, but is brash and he lacks tact in his delivery, which makes him not very enjoyable to listen to.

If he said the negative things he says with a disappointed mindset, it would come out fine. Something like "Oh boy, the leafs are starting to pull back a bit lets hope they can turn it around"...

But he says the negative things regarding the leafs with excitement. And the good things for the leafs he knocks with a lack of enthusiasm. You gotta curtail your broadcasting to the market audience while being impartial. He isnt impartial, and he doesnt adjust to the scene.

He could be good, we all know that, but he is just too stubborn to change IMO.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I think Healey tells it like it is, but is brash and he lacks tact in his delivery, which makes him not very enjoyable to listen to.

If he said the negative things he says with a disappointed mindset, it would come out fine. Something like "Oh boy, the leafs are starting to pull back a bit lets hope they can turn it around"...

But he says the negative things regarding the leafs with excitement. And the good things for the leafs he knocks with a lack of enthusiasm. You gotta curtail your broadcasting to the market audience while being impartial. He isnt impartial, and he doesnt adjust to the scene.

He could be good, we all know that, but he is just too stubborn to change IMO.
Read my above post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad