Glen Healey a changed man?

leafstilldeath*

Glenn Healy: "You'd be shocked to know, the leafs are getting outshot. Oh wait... no you wouldn't be surprised."

Nawh he just keeps adding

well he didn't lie.

That said, my reply to the title of the thread:

NO!

When hell freezes over

Ace88*

Hes like rob ford. his Pejorative Sluration gets hilarious after a while and you cant help but pretend to just pat him on the head

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Leaf fans are weird. They hate Healy because he's too critical of Leafs, yet spend a whole lot of time criticizing the Leafs themselves.

Yeah but I'm not forced to read them throughout the game.

Listening to Glen Healy commentate a Leaf game is like having everything posted on the TML Facebook page (the cesspool of negative comments) live-narrated in my ears for 60 minutes.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
There are a lot of reasons why I dislike him as a broadcaster. Not just because he trashes on the leafs. This gem tonight for example, "phil kessel with a rare burst of speed". He's just not a very good broadcaster and it's annoying that we have to deal with him for so many games.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I dont know whats going on tonight but does anyone else notice he's hardly saying anything negative about toronto and is in fact complimenting them! He must have been told to smarten up or he'd be shipped out

Elliot Freidman was on PTS, McCowan asked if he had to get rid of one person from HNIC, without hesitation, Healey.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I dont know whats going on tonight but does anyone else notice he's hardly saying anything negative about toronto and is in fact complimenting them! He must have been told to smarten up or he'd be shipped out

I hear Kadri got him with an elbow in the hallways of the ACC. The doctors have confirmed his brain has done a 180.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
It seems no Canadian fanbases likes him. I guess he's like that with all the teams but we just tend to pay more attention when he's speaking negatively about our personal favourites.

I found it funny that he's the guy that has ragged on Reimer since forever for his weak glove hand and tonight Reimer gets beat both times up high glove side and instead he calls it two beauty shots that Reimer had no chance on. He's been more positive towards Reimer but I haven't forgotten how often he exaggerated how bad Reimer's glove hand was.

crazyaces**

On first goal against reimer:

Heatly: Reimer gets caught deep in his net on that goal

Other guy: Reimer came out of his net too early on that goal

truth = Reimer played the shot correctly, just unlucky it went in.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
He's gotten better overall. I'm not ready to give him a pass or anything, but the obnoxiousness is definitely not as bad as before. Hopefully it continues to improve to the point where I actually enjoy having him there instead of facepalming half the time as I'm pretty sure we all did before.

Penalty Kill Icing*

When you look at Datsyuk, not all the talent in the world but...
– HEALY ON PAVEL DATSYUK

Healy: "Guys I don't know why Plekanec is taking this faceoff. He's losing it if he's taking it."
Cole: "And he wins it."
– HEALY ON FACEOFFS

I was three-quarters down the list of guys I would be facing in my first game when I realized I was looking at our own roster.
– HEALY ON HIS FIRST GAME

more on isglennhealyfired.com :laugh:

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
He's a dick but he tells it like it is. It's just that nobody wants to tune into a game to hear their favourite team being criticized. Especially the hard cores who take everything personal…Like 80% of sports fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->