Post-Game Talk: Giveaway Kings 1 @ Los Angeles Kings 2 | Dec 1 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
don't really have an issue with it since he's not a natural forward, and he's in his debut.

He really should have played D and Weber should have played up. I don't think many coaches would have done what Willie did when they had the situation before them with the simplest solution. Particularly true for a kid playing his first NHL game. Why subject him to such a ridiculous decision by such a ridiculous coach.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I thought Pedan left the game for a while with an injury as well. Could be wrong. I don't care about him getting 4 mins. He wasn't even playing his natural position, and it was against a very good team. Poor management though for sure. They owe Pedan a game at D before they send him down IMO.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
LOL that's good. Cuz Higgins is so valuable. Burrows is worth anywhere near 4.5 million and Edler is just a rock of a #1 defenceman.

Edler is paid like a #3 and plays like a #3. The roster is just a poorly constructed directionless mish mash. How on earth is Weber the first choice fixture on the 2nd pairing, playing 20+ min a nigh? That shouldn't be happening, someone like Weber should be a #7, and we he is playing it should be 10-14 mins a game, and heavily shelter ES mins.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I thought Pedan left the game for a while with an injury as well. Could be wrong. I don't care about him getting 4 mins. He wasn't even playing his natural position, and it was against a very good team. Poor management though for sure. They owe Pedan a game at D before they send him down IMO.

Since when has WD ever considered a bonehead move on his part as a reason to give a player some form of compensation?

On a similar note, how many other coaches would do that either?

On another note, how many other coaches would have done what Willie did in the first place?

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Since when has WD ever considered a bonehead move on his part as a reason to give a player some form of compensation?

On a similar note, how many other coaches would do that either?

On another note, how many other coaches would have done what Willie did in the first place?

If I had to guess WD probably thought he was sheltering Pedan by hiding him on the 4th line wing. I don't agree with it at all, and the obvious solution was to put Weber there and play Pedan in his natural position. Maybe WD will reward Pedan after putting him in a tough spot in his 1st game. Pretty twisted logic but I can't understand the decision in the first place so who knows... If Pedan gets sent down w/o playing a full game at D after this prank I don't know what to say.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
The signs are there. The talk of something happening in the room in the playoffs when Hansen went to play with the sedins. Then vrbata pouting in camp and the obvious lack of commitment this year.

I don't remember this. Do you have any information?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Not mad we lost. Mad we got a loser point to staple us in mediocrity , and that we got absolutely embarrassed back to back nights. Not even close.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I don't remember this. Do you have any information?

He's pretty much said it. He said he was told he would play the sedins when he signed and he didn't. He said he was mad in preseason because he wanted to know his line mates earlier. His agent went on record saying he would not resign here in Vancouver after this year. He wants out. Good riddance. Was lazy when he cared, now beyond lazy as he doesn't care.

The Jesus*

He's pretty much said it. He said he was told he would play the sedins when he signed and he didn't. He said he was mad in preseason because he wanted to know his line mates earlier. His agent went on record saying he would not resign here in Vancouver after this year. He wants out. Good riddance. Was lazy when he cared, now beyond lazy as he doesn't care.

And now we're in a pickle. Do we let his lousy, lazy, mopey ass take us hostage and give him good top pairing minutes to inflate his value so we get something back for him? Or do we stick to our guns and keep him in the bottom 6?

I say the latter. **** Vrbata. Just get him off the team already. I'd throw him through waivers, personally. I wouldn't tolerate that crap.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Didn't see the game but the box score tells me Pedan played under four minutes, as a forward? What the hell is wrong with this team. What a way to treat a rookie in his first ever game. A truly revolutionary development tactic.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Ahhh poor tankers. The Canucks and Markstrom not properly following the tanking script.

Boo ****ing hoo.

I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with being happy about being mediocre. The goal is to ultimately build a team capable of winning the cup - how is this team showing any of that capability? If that is the case, it is a much more viable option to get a better pick, rebuild properly and have the big picture in mind.

People and management stuck in the mindset that this team should compete year in and year out while sacrificing the rebuild have lost the overall objective completely.

sutlaf

Nov 16, 2011
Listening to the radio, for some reason, and the host just mentioned that over the last 11 games (I think he said 11) the Sedins have outscored all the other players on the team taken together, and that includes Hansen with 10 points over that same span. Leaving Hansen out, the rest have 18 points combined, scarcely more than one Sedin's worth of production.

Would this be the worst team in the league without the Sedins?
yeah. the sedins are huge carrys. I haven't realised they were this good for us until now.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with being happy about being mediocre. The goal is to ultimately build a team capable of winning the cup - how is this team showing any of that capability? If that is the case, it is a much more viable option to get a better pick, rebuild properly and have the big picture in mind.

People and management stuck in the mindset that this team should compete year in and year out while sacrificing the rebuild have lost the overall objective completely.

I don't see how anyone can equate cheering this team to losses with curing this team of mediocrity.

Unless there is actually a plan (which there is not), cheering this team to lose is just kicking our own ass (which I refuse to do).

The Sedins are still playing to win and I'm still watching this team to win.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
In the past 7 games the Canucks have scored 14 times on goalies:

Daniel (6)
Henrik (3)
Vrbata (3)
Hansen (2)

That's it. Fun times. A Sedin has gotten a point on 12 of 14 goals in the past 7 games. Too, One of the ones where they didn't was an utterly meaningless goal with a second left.

This is pretty much the long and short of it. Sedins are carrying this team and the bottom 9 has just turned into total garbage. Hard to win games when you have Prust on the 2nd line, Dorsett on the 3rd, and Pedan on the 4th. Just an awful mix.

Played a decent road game through 2 periods, then collapsed. Effort isn't the problem, talent is.

Markstrom was terrific. One big positive to take from this game. Hopefully this game is a turning point for his career and hopefully Willie has enough brains to give him the next start.

Other big positive was again Biega, who played tough minutes in Tanev's place and didn't put a foot wrong. Incredible that management/coaches don't seem to realize how effective this player is.

I have no problem with how Pedan was handled. No idea why he's even here in the first place, wasn't remotely ready in preseason. Waste of time to have him here.

Edler is taking a ton of heat but he was good tonight before that awful giveaway in OT. Hamhuis was horrible. Webber was better until one nightmare late shift. Sbisa and Bartkowski were a possession disaster but limited egregious errors. Bartkowski more physical the last couple games.

Vrbata, Baertschi, Horvat all horrible. I don't even remember Dorsett tonight, maybe his worst non-playoff game as a Canuck. McCann, Burrows, Prust were ok.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Edler sucks I told you guys. He's not much better than Sbisa, one plays with Tanev, one plays with Bartkowski.

This team isn't that good, don't lose sleep when they lose.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Other big positive was again Biega, who played tough minutes in Tanev's place and didn't put a foot wrong. Incredible that management/coaches don't seem to realize how effective this player is.

This is something that really bothers me.

I've never seen anyone this oblivious to reality outside of characters on South Park.

It's almost like they're purposely being ignorant.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Marky deserved better. Should definitely be given the next game to see if he can maintain this form.

Edler, Hammer - wtf was that?

Biega should be on this team. Period.

My god they were anemic for 3 out of 4 periods.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Markstrom was awesome.

Weber played fine aside from one disaster shift in the third. Helped set up our only goal.

In what world is playing Horvat with Baertschi and ****ing Derek Dorsett a good idea. Jesus Christ talk about setting him up to fail.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Edler sucks I told you guys. He's not much better than Sbisa, one plays with Tanev, one plays with Bartkowski.

This team isn't that good, don't lose sleep when they lose.

I'm going to disagree with you here. Edler consistently churns out good results against top competition and has the occasional pizza moment. Sbisa has pretty much never produced good results against anyone. One is a useful defenseman, the other is a pile of trash.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Bartkowski is freaking awful. How this guy doesn't get scratched is beyond me.

How it's possible he gets to play over Biega is unfathomable.

It's a ****ing joke.

And is it just me or did McCann pretty much get benched in the 3rd/OT even though he was like our most noticeable forward through 40 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad