Give Tangradi one more shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
If possible the time has come to move on from TK. Move him with a prospect and/or pick in an attempt to secure a legit top six. The problem is I'm not sure there is a market of any kind for him out there.

As for Tangradi; I was a major supporter of his last year and this year. However, I have come to believe that he is a victim of the Penguin's system as anything else. He seems more suited for the Western Conference than the Eastern one; there just seems like there is more emphasis on speed in the East than in the West.

Jeffrey is better as a C than he is as a Wing; again it is a lack of speed. So......

the speed component leaves the Pens with few options.....Boychuk or Bennett or a trade.

I agree on the trade TK, hell I would trade him, dupuis, and martin for 1 good winger and a bag of pucks with a hole in the bottom.

Tangradi never really showed me much of anything. I think he's a good player, and may be a great 2nd or 3rd liner in some west coast team. Like you said, a victim of the penguins system.

Not so sure Jeffreys has a lack of speed, but he certainly doesn't use it all that much. The only switch of positions i saw that i liked was putting adams on a wing rather than center, even though he has been known to be decent with faceoffs sometimes.

I think if you make a trade, and bring up bennett, we'd be set to go by the end of the season, and ready to make a tremendous playoff run.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I agree on the trade TK, hell I would trade him, dupuis, and martin for 1 good winger and a bag of pucks with a hole in the bottom.

Tangradi never really showed me much of anything. I think he's a good player, and may be a great 2nd or 3rd liner in some west coast team. Like you said, a victim of the penguins system.

Not so sure Jeffreys has a lack of speed, but he certainly doesn't use it all that much. The only switch of positions i saw that i liked was putting adams on a wing rather than center, even though he has been known to be decent with faceoffs sometimes.

I think if you make a trade, and bring up bennett, we'd be set to go by the end of the season, and ready to make a tremendous playoff run.

What's wrong with Martin?

Bar Down

Bar Mexico
Jan 28, 2013
Beneath PPG Paints
Not true at all. Jeffrey had just as many scoring chances when he got his one (1) game with Malkin & Neal. In fact, Jeffrey was praised by the TSN crew as being one of best players in that game (not something I've ever heard said about Boychuck).

Give Jeffrey 7-straight games on the Malkin/Neal line and I guarantee that line scores at least 1 even-strength goal (dear lord how far the bar has been lowered).

"The bar has been lowered"? Remember the new guy on Malkin's line before Boychuk? James something? It takes time to adjust to Malkin's one-of-a-kind style, and James Neal went scoreless for what seemed like ages when he first joined 71's line. I'm pretty sure they didn't give up on him after he went 20 games without a goal. Boychuk has gone 7 & he's not nearly as talented as Neal. If anything he should be given more slack for that comparison.

Playing with Malkin means you have to know what he's thinking before he thinks it. His one-of-a-kind creativity depends upon that. Familiarity comes with time. Will he ever be James Neal? Almost certainly not. But he will produce in time.

But you have a point with DJ. It appears that Bylsma has Jeffrey on an unfairly short leash. Dude gets one or two games to prove himself, and if he doesn't produce insane numbers he goes back in the dog house. While Dustin doesn't have Boychuk's straight line speed, he is a better skater IMO. It seems like Boychuk sometimes gets a full head of steam and then can't slow down in time to make turns. Anyone else notice that?

I still think Boychuk is the better choice, but Jeffrey needs to take a spot on the 3rd line for sure.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Malkin wasn't in the lineup when Neal came here. They didn't play together until the following season.

And I thought Neal played great in those 20 games outside of pointing the puck in the net. Played as good as you can without scoring. Stats watchers will disagree...

Feb 12, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
What's wrong with Martin?

What isn't wrong with Martin? Watching that guy drives me up a wall.

That attempting to clear the zone on a backhand worked for him once, and now its his biggest trick, and it hasn't worked out since.

People get past him way to easy, because he misses poke checks, and doesn't challenge people enough.

I realize he's not a gritty defenseman, but he wusses out, and isn't good in our system. I may be over critical of the guy, and it may just be the reason that he isn't meant for a penguins system. For God sakes, they matched him up against Jagr, and martin wouldn't even push the guy. Bottom line, he was way overpaid to come here. Dupres can do everything that martin can, better, and he's younger with less experience. And he can hit. there is absolutely no room in the penguins franchise for a dman who can't take the body and wear a team down.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What isn't wrong with Martin? Watching that guy drives me up a wall.

That attempting to clear the zone on a backhand worked for him once, and now its his biggest trick, and it hasn't worked out since.

People get past him way to easy, because he misses poke checks, and doesn't challenge people enough.

I realize he's not a gritty defenseman, but he wusses out, and isn't good in our system. I may be over critical of the guy, and it may just be the reason that he isn't meant for a penguins system. For God sakes, they matched him up against Jagr, and martin wouldn't even push the guy. Bottom line, he was way overpaid to come here. Dupres can do everything that martin can, better, and he's younger with less experience. And he can hit. there is absolutely no room in the penguins franchise for a dman who can't take the body and wear a team down.

Have you been watching this season? I'll give you all of last season but it's been very well documented here in the last couple of weeks what happened.

I would just suggest you watch him this season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Have you been watching this season? I'll give you all of last season but it's been very well documented here in the last couple of weeks what happened.

I would just suggest you watch him this season.

I was told in another thread watching the games is totally lame. Why do that when you can relentlessly bash a player even if those feelings are misplaced and outdated? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad