Give Fasth a chance?

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Fasth's full name is:
Erik Sixten Viktor Fasth

So his name literally means:
Powerful Victory Victory. Appropriate for a goalie.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Sabres fan, here. I know this has been discussed in this thread, but i just want to recap:

Seems that Fasth is looking much better than Hiller, so far this season. Ducks fans seem to think that he has more skill and looks to be the real deal, but he hasn't yet stolen the starting position from Hiller? I have hiller in my fantasy league and was absolutely shocked when Hiller lost out on starts. I didn't even get my minimum goaltender quota because Fasth seems to be upstaging hiller, whose numbers are atrocious right now.

At this point, is Fasth a smart gamble to take in a fantasy league? At least in tandum with Hiller, maybe?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sabres fan, here. I know this has been discussed in this thread, but i just want to recap:

Seems that Fasth is looking much better than Hiller, so far this season. Ducks fans seem to think that he has more skill and looks to be the real deal, but he hasn't yet stolen the starting position from Hiller? I have hiller in my fantasy league and was absolutely shocked when Hiller lost out on starts. I didn't even get my minimum goaltender quota because Fasth seems to be upstaging hiller, whose numbers are atrocious right now.

At this point, is Fasth a smart gamble to take in a fantasy league? At least in tandum with Hiller, maybe?

He have played 4 games and is looking only better in the every next game. I think he`ll stop putting as good numbers up at some point, but for now he looks promising. He have been very solid.

Hillsy usually starts slow but the comes up big at the second half. I guess just needs playing time, but he will have a hard time getting it with Fasth playing like that.

As for now, i think: Fasth > Hiller
But it`s hard to say for how long it will be.

PS
NHL updated their cover photo on facebook. Guess who`s on it?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Seems that Fasth is looking much better than Hiller, so far this season. Ducks fans seem to think that he has more skill and looks to be the real deal, but he hasn't yet stolen the starting position from Hiller?
There isn't really many (if any) Ducks fans thatwould agree with the bolded. There's a fraction of Swedish fans that seem to think so, but for now, that's still a very bold statement.

If you have a skater not providing too much else, or not tremendously better than what's on the free agent skater market, then yeah, I'd say a gamble on Fasth in addition to Hiller would make some sense and would work as a good insurance policy for you.

Swedish playmaker*

FYI, Fast means "firm" or "steady" in Swedish. Wow those omens :sarcasm:

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
there isn't really many (if any) ducks fans thatwould agree with the bolded. There's a fraction of swedish fans that seem to think so, but for now, that's still a very bold statement.

If you have a skater not providing too much else, or not tremendously better than what's on the free agent skater market, then yeah, i'd say a gamble on fasth in addition to hiller would make some sense and would work as a good insurance policy for you.
cb0adf89_what-do-you-mean-you-people.jpeg

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Like i wrote earlier, it is good to have a good back-up so you don't need to overplay your starter and now they overplay Fasth. It is stupid to think that the same guy is gonna be best option in every game. In my opinion Fasth is good for 13 to 15 games in his first NHL-season. Had Deslauriers time to prepare or was he in town like one hour before the game started?

Fasthnator

Feb 10, 2013
Like i wrote earlier, it is good to have a good back-up so you don't need to overplay your starter and now they overplay Fasth. It is stupid to think that the same guy is gonna be best option in every game. In my opinion Fasth is good for 13 to 15 games in his first NHL-season. Had Deslauriers time to prepare or was he in town like one hour before the game started?

I'd have a tired Fasth over any kind of Deslauriers any time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad