Giroux Injury [Update: Is Alright; Kevlar GOAT]

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ugh. Just had that argument over missed games over fluke injuries between Getzlaf and G the other day. Hopefully this is as non-severe as possible.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
ugh. hopefully for giroux, the injury will turn out to be less terrible than it looks.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
He's having one of his best seasons ever. Faceoffs, points, defensive play everything and he's not going to be able to finish it :(

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Prayers for Giroux and the Flyers. Hopefully he recovers with ease and is able to play at the same level.

Evergreen

I just hope this doesn't end up being one of those injuries where the player "is never the same" a la Karlsson.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He's having one of his best seasons ever. Faceoffs, points, defensive play everything and he's not going to be able to finish it :(

Yup. The fact that he has been in Selke talk shows how he has rounded out his game.

We are bottom 5 without him.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Looks bad.

If he's out for serious time then Philly is a serious contender for a top 3 pick. Giroux and Voracek were COMPLETELY carrying this team. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I'd be surprised if we win a single game without him.

What, no love for Simmonds?

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Whatever "identity" we have had this year is gone without giroux...wonder who will step up if he's out a long period

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Would be so easy to post some old Flyers fans posts in the injury threads of a certain other center right about now :sarcasm: shoe isn't as fun on the other foot.

That said agree with this, hopefully it isn't as bad as it apparently looked, too often are fans robbed of stars career years due to injuries lately.

I just hope this doesn't end up being one of those injuries where the player "is never the same" a la Karlsson.

penguins2946*

Hopefully he doesn't come back too early. Look at Karlsson, he rushed back when he clearly wasn't 100%, and he hasn't been the same player since. I distinctly remember Neal making a fool out of him on a dangle in the playoffs that year, he was a shell of his former self. Giroux just needs to heal fully before coming back (assuming it is a cut achilles)

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Good player but nowhere near the level of dominance G and Jake were displaying. His production will take a dip without G running the PP,

That's true, Simmonds did get a lot of points on the pp, and giroux was the straw that stirred the pp drink.

Hopefully Simmonds production doesn't dip too much.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Hope it's not serious. Looking at all these comments, pretty obvious Claude is among the most liked and respected players in the league, as he should be.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
A laceration is better than what it could have been. With the way it looked at first I thought he may have torn a muscle or something. Depending on where he got cut and how deep it might not be too bad.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Very unfortunate, I hate to see things like this happen. Does he not wear the kevlar socks or was the cut in a place where they wouldn't help anyway?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Hopefully just a cut, and nothing too major.

The nhl is way better with its stars on the ice.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I have said this every time a player gets injured, but this didn't happen before RBK came out with those super thin socks. Can't believe the league hasn't changed them.

If they can make kevlar socks for your feet, they can make kevlar socks for your leg. Get with it.

I've used socks that are supposedly cut-proof or at least cut-resistant. Basically it's just 2 layers of fabric, the under layer being a light color that has a weird wool-type feel to it. I've never tested their cut-resistance, though. Could be BS.

Still, this should be something the league should look into. Not only do these kinds tendon lacerations knock players out for long periods, but unlike broken bones, concussions and torn ligaments, they are much more likely to be career impacting long after recovery.

Hopefully Giroux's fine and it's just a superficial thing.

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
hoping

Hope he is ok, listening to Canes post-game, if i get a update, will post for you guys..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad