Giroux Injury [Update: Is Alright; Kevlar GOAT]

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I have said this every time a player gets injured, but this didn't happen before RBK came out with those super thin socks. Can't believe the league hasn't changed them.

If they can make kevlar socks for your feet, they can make kevlar socks for your leg. Get with it.

When was that? Kevin Bieksa had this done twice around 2007 and 2008.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The company that makes Kevlar socks just got golden PR.

Should be mandatory, along with neck protection. Went through the same arguments against visors, and those won out for the most part. Needs to be the same way with simple and effective safety equipment that doesn't get in the way of the players.

If Giroux can play with them, anyone can.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
its like wearing a helmet on a motorcycle, the mandatory label shouldn't even be necessary, should be common sense. But the gov'ment can't force me to live my life a certain way.

tehcount

Mar 22, 2011
Love that the Carolina player helped him off the ice and down the tunnel. Really classy, especially in the middle of a game :)

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
So glad he's alright. My favorite non-Canes player in the league.

Really proud of Sekera for helping him down the tunnel. Classy move.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
its like wearing a helmet on a motorcycle, the mandatory label shouldn't even be necessary, should be common sense. But the gov'ment can't force me to live my life a certain way.

Except they can. In Canada, it's mandatory to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
all's well that ends well.
that didn't look pretty.
props to Sekera.
GJ3OQ1w.gif

Evergreen

What a relief. That must have been scary for Giroux. He said he immediately thought of Karlsson and panicked. Thank God he was wearing those Kevlar socks. I hope this incident persuades even more guys to start wearing them.

Also, classy move by Sekera to help him down the tunnel without even hesitating.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hellestin said:
Too bad Karlsson didn't get your memo that equipment and pads down there are very effective.

I suspect what happened to him likely raised a great deal of awareness to other players about the risks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad