Prospect Info: Giorgio Estephan (2015, 152nd) – '16-17: Lethbridge #9 (WHL)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That's the best part.

No one in the media, print, radio or tv, has asked anyone. I'd bet more than three quarters don't even know who he is.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
well if he isn't signed we deserve to know the reason why. the Buffalo sports media should have already been asking about Estephan's situation. useless twits, the only Sabres stories broken are by radio stations getting tipped by inside sources.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
well if he isn't signed we deserve to know the reason why. the Buffalo sports media should have already been asking about Estephan's situation. useless twits, the only Sabres stories broken are by radio stations getting tipped by inside sources.

Botts will simply say that he didn't think he was worthy of a contract.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It would he smart to sign him. We need the depth in Rochester, we need to start a core going down there. He could be part of that core.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I'm very confident he will. We will see a lot of last minute deals tomorrow. I will be she'll shocked if he doesn't bug he will. It would be silly for Botts to let this one slip through his fingers but it won't

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think the issue is the contract terms. He wants a max contract for ELC, not a 6th round pick contract.

He probably figures if he re-enters the draft he'd be a 1st round pick.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I think the issue is the contract terms. He wants a max contract for ELC, not a 6th round pick contract.

What? He'd be lucky to get drafted.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017

Your evidence

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Then he needs to fire whoever told him that lol

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
What? He'd be lucky to get drafted.

He'd be unlucky to get drafted too. He'll get a take it or leave it offer from the team that selects him. He has no leverage. He'd be better off getting passed over and signing as a free agent. It would still be entry level, but he has some leverage. If the Sabres have offered him a contract it's likely the best offer he will get. Maybe he has finagled his way onto the Italian Olympic hockey team.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If this is a thing the new GM does by waiting to the very last minute to get prospects signed I could start getting annoyed.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If this is a thing the new GM does by waiting to the very last minute to get prospects signed I could start getting annoyed.

He hasn't been on the job for three weeks. It won't again be the case that he has this little familiarity with a prospect.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Does anybody else remember this? :naughty:

http://www.sabrespace.com/2007/06/01/sabres-sign-one-put-two-back-in-the-draft/

Buffalo passed on their second round pick that season, winger Philippe Gogulla of Germany and 2003 second round pick winger Branislav Fabry of Slovakia.'

http://buffalonews.com/2007/06/03/sabres-add-gogulla/

It was thought that Gogulla would go back into the NHL draft pool because his signing was not announced before Friday's 5 p.m. deadline. However, the hockey club was waiting approval of some language in the contract by the NHL. The league completed its review of the pact on Saturday.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Gogulla played one year in the AHL(Portland?), before running back to Germany because he missed his girlfriend or something like that. I have to believe he signed a contract with the Sabres before coming over for that one season.

He signed an ELC and played two years in Germany and one in Portland (I think).

My point is that the contract wasn't approved until a day after the deadline and announced after that. Imagine if the same thing happens today with Estephan? It'll be cats and dogs living together here! :D

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He signed an ELC and played two years in Germany and one in Portland (I think).

My point is that the contract wasn't approved until a day after the deadline and announced after that. Imagine if the same thing happens today with Estephan? It'll be cats and dogs living together here! :D

At this point we're either way far apart on money, or the team just doesn't see a player in him, or both. Which is fine, they know far better than any of the rest of us. We could easily be all worked up about the next Casey Pierro-Zabotel for all any of us really know.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00