Injury Report: Giordano out

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Any starting 6 that doesn't have Klingberg's name in it is an improvement.

But maybe Gio being out & having a depleted blue line will force the forwards to help out more defensively? Sorry, I could barely write that without laughing.
We've got the wrong coach for that.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Any starting 6 that doesn't have Klingberg's name in it is an improvement.

But maybe Gio being out & having a depleted blue line will force the forwards to help out more defensively? Sorry, I could barely write that without laughing.
When Klingberg started the season "right" Leafs were on track to finish the season top 10 in all the good stuff. xGF%, CF%, SF%. Puck was moving in the right direction.

As soon as he went RIP on us in the blink of an eye, clearly struggling on the ice until he had to come out of the lineup, we have plummeted. It all falls on Rielly now.

I really don't care about the Brodie's and Gio's of this team. They can all go away or go on LTIR.

Get some skill on the backend if you want a Cup.

If you want the puck to die and end up on the opponents stick, send it to our D.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
When Klingberg started the season "right" Leafs were on track to finish the season top 10 in all the good stuff. xGF%, CF%, SF%. Puck was moving in the right direction.

As soon as he went RIP on us in the blink of an eye, clearly struggling on the ice until he had to come out of the lineup, we have plummeted. It all falls on Rielly now.

I really don't care about the Brodie's and Gio's of this team. They can all go away or go on LTIR.

Get some skill on the backend if you want a Cup.

If you want the puck to die and end up on the opponents stick, send it to our D.

This place is in ogre mode right now. They won't be able to understand the simple concept that a team built like ours needs to throw darts at the Klingbergs of the league in hopes of ending up with a Montour (Or a fraction of a Montour breakout).

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
This place is in ogre mode right now. They won't be able to understand the simple concept that a team built like ours needs to throw darts at the Klingbergs of the league in hopes of ending up with a Montour (Or a fraction of a Montour breakout).
Gotta play the hand you’re dealt in poker speak. Throw a dart at Ethan Bear. We got about 19 months until we can fundementally change the cap allocation here.

Reactions: LeafParade

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Gotta play the hand you’re dealt in poker speak. Throw a dart at Ethan Bear. We got about 19 months until we can fundementally change the cap allocation here.
And sometimes the smart move is to fold and wait for the next hand.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Schenn 50% retention

for

Reaves
4th
7th

Preds say no in a heartbeat. Trotz would drive to Toronto to smash the phone on Tree's head. The anger would be for not understanding Nashville's situation. Preds already have 2 retained contracts. Schenn would handcuff them for 3 years. Preds would retain on Barrie seeing as it's a 1 yr. And it would be for the 3rd

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Gotta know when to hold ‘em. Know when to fold ‘em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run.

Not sure I’d push all in this year either. They’re going to have to do something to bolster the D this year but I wouldn’t sell the farm to do it. July 2025 is the time to make fundamental changes.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Preds say no in a heartbeat. Trotz would drive to Toronto to smash the phone on Tree's head. The anger would be for not understanding Nashville's situation. Preds already have 2 retained contracts. Schenn would handcuff them for 3 years. Preds would retain on Barrie seeing as it's a 1 yr. And it would be for the 3rd
love Trotz but he should have stuck to coaching

Barrie's trash and even retaining half his salary you won't get a 3rd . The deal i offered isn't much but at least you'd get a couple of lower picks for a older vet that serves no purpose for you , better than just holding onto him and getting nothing .

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
love Trotz but he should have stuck to coaching

Barrie's trash and even retaining half his salary you won't get a 3rd . The deal i offered isn't much but at least you'd get a couple of lower picks for a older vet that serves no purpose for you , better than just holding onto him and getting nothing .
and you have no d-men. My comment was merely in jest when I offered Barrie and Schenn. Preds have enough picks; 11 next year. If it was me, just me, I'd look at a draft pick swap where the Preds move up a rd. As for economics, Your offer was eat Reeves salary of 1.4 mil, 50% of Schenn which is 2.25m for a total of 3.65m for 3 yrs, that's 10.95m total....for a 4th and a 7th? 11 million for a 4th and a 7th?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
and you have no d-men. My comment was merely in jest when I offered Barrie and Schenn. Preds have enough picks; 11 next year. If it was me, just me, I'd look at a draft pick swap where the Preds move up a rd. As for economics, Your offer was eat Reeves salary of 1.4 mil, 50% of Schenn which is 2.25m for a total of 3.65m for 3 yrs, that's 10.95m total....for a 4th and a 7th? 11 million for a 4th and a 7th?
Schenn should be making half what he does at that term and you can send Reaves down and recoup almost all of his cap hit .

Without retention Schenn wouldn't get claimed if you waived him , that's his present value and with 2 yrs left at almost 3m per i doubt it will get much better .

Leafs have plenty of 3rd pairing D . hell outside of Rielly they're all 3rd pairing D . lol . What we need is a couple of top 4 physical D that also can move the puck effectively and with few high draft picks left plus little in the way of tradeable assets we're pretty much f***ed .

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Man, who would have thought a 40 years dman would get injured and play 23 minutes per night while still being fresh for the playoffs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Of course Leafs could use more depth defenders, but what they really need is top end talent on defense.

If they're folding they're selling.

They have money, and will always spend to the Cap, so over paying UFA's to be mediocre is always available to them.

Go for it and then start over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad