Injury Report: Giordano out

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Bear will likely be out until late December.

It would be nice to have him, but I don't think anyone would trade Cowan or a 24 first for him.
You don’t have to trade him for him we could have spent a second round pic to get him and could have kept sandin anyway

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This is where Treliving reputation with the other GM’s and his veteran savvy will be tested.

He can’t get over and make a bad deal because other GM’s know he’s in a bind.

I think we have LHD we can draw on. Not ideal, but RHD was and still is our glaring weakness. Imagine one of our current RHD getting hurt now?

Make the smart deal that improves us going forward and skip the band aids.

Peeke needs to be someone we are working on , and Butcher makes sense for a waiver wire pick up.

Bumpy patch, but it’s a long season and we aren’t good enough today, tomorrow, and in the coming months as currently constructed.

No wasting vital assets because other GM’s think we are prime pickings for a bad trade.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
We have cap space, picks and prospects. We're not moving a roster guy.

He's also dog shit defensively, like Gardiner level bad defensively. We have NO need for a guy like EK. We need a guy like Tanev. A big physical D man and knows how to defend.

Leafs could have signed Schenn for much cheaper than Klingberg, but nope.

Reactions: Al14

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Never go wrong with a Thorold boy but that's a bit of a scary proposition at the moment.
I think Lagesson is more defensively sound to play further up in a pinch, but I welcome the opportunity to give our younger guys more minutes and more responsibility.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Wasn’t he projected to go late in the 3rd or something ??
Some draft publications had him as a third rounder. We have no idea what other teams had him ranked- except for the Leafs who had him ranked as a first rounder. Even if other teams followed the public rankings the Leafs would draft in the 5th round as they didn't have a 2nd 3rd, or 4th.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
One issue is if we get someone good, what happens to him when everyone comes back

We can end up having 10 defenceman like last year

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Apparently he will miss some time, guessing we'll know more today.

Defense is getting pretty thin as it is.
Who's up next? Time for a trade?

Yeah, I'd suggest there is a trade coming there are to many guys out.

Lilly, Klingberg, Gio, I feel like I'm missing at least one.

Reactions: fahad203

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This is where Treliving reputation with the other GM’s and his veteran savvy will be tested.

He can’t get over and make a bad deal because other GM’s know he’s in a bind.

I think we have LHD we can draw on. Not ideal, but RHD was and still is our glaring weakness. Imagine one of our current RHD getting hurt now?

Make the smart deal that improves us going forward and skip the band aids.

Peeke needs to be someone we are working on , and Butcher makes sense for a waiver wire pick up.

Bumpy patch, but it’s a long season and we aren’t good enough today, tomorrow, and in the coming months as currently constructed.

No wasting vital assets because other GM’s think we are prime pickings for a bad trade.

I think all of Rielly, Benoit, Lagesson, Lajoie, McCabe, and Kokkenen have played RD at some point.

Niemela and Villeneuve are RD.

I wouldn't be in a rush to get D unless we know ours will be out for a very long time.

We have too many D when healthy anyway.

Peeke sucks.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I think they need to know whats happening with Klinger before they do anything. If he's done for the year they can invest in something significant. If not, its a bandaid like Pysyk.

Reactions: BallardEra

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
So

Lily
Klinger
Gio

That's half of our top 6 now out. Them new boys better put on their big boy pants, they're going to be asked to play real NHL minutes.

LeaFland may not survive this
Speaking of new boys, there's a pretty good chance Liljegren is back Thursday

Acquiring Karlsson was a bad idea. Acquiring Karlsson for Nylander or Marner is insanity.
Was it ever

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This is actually a big loss. Both his presence and his play have been really solid for the Leafs so far. Especially considering he has probably played more per game than he really should be.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This is actually a big loss. Both his presence and his play have been really solid for the Leafs so far. Especially considering he has probably played more per game than he really should be.

He has been solid. I was very critical of him. Especially with some balls. Something our D lacks big time

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Tre has a history of trading with the Kraken. Cap works according to capfriendly.

Nylander
Knies
Kampf
Prospect

for

Dunn
Oleksiak
Wright
Beniers

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Some draft publications had him as a third rounder. We have no idea what other teams had him ranked- except for the Leafs who had him ranked as a first rounder. Even if other teams followed the public rankings the Leafs would draft in the 5th round as they didn't have a 2nd 3rd, or 4th.
Ir they traded someone else to recoup that pic then it becomes simple right ? We had a couple pending ufas

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
A subpar D with everyone healthy and now missing Liljegren, Gio and Klingberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad