Post-Game Talk: Ginger Papa def. Jets with Superior GDT (Nucks win 4-0)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoglander with Gaudette and Sutter.....what did he ever do to deserve this?.....Sutter finally off the bump with a single assist to go with five goals.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The team is trying to build a winning culture, so they are not going to tank. It's only certain people on this board who want the Canucks to lose over and over. You let these young guys get accustomed to losing, then the team will be ruined. Thank god HF Board team tank doesn't run the Canucks.

Let's be honest here. Nobody here wants to see the Canucks lose. A good chunk of us, tank or no, want Benning and his collection of imbeciles gone so we can hopefully get back on track. Sadly, we're not Montreal where a simple tailspin gets the coach fired. Hence why a lot of people support tanking. It's the last hope to maybe wake up Aquilini and move on while our core players are all still young.

That being said, I'm glad for Demko to finally get a shut out. He's earned it. And it's nice to see a convincing win for once.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I didn’t think Hamonic was that bad, he had a couple of glaring blunders but otherwise I thought he was fine. Only his 7th game with the team as well. To me he’s better than Benn, I know that’s a low bar though.

he looked ok to me. the d overall looked steadier.

i think there is something to be said for being able to mostly roll veteran dmen with everything that has happened to the team with the lead.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
The team is trying to build a winning culture, so they are not going to tank. It's only certain people on this board who want the Canucks to lose over and over. You let these young guys get accustomed to losing, then the team will be ruined. Thank god HF Board team tank doesn't run the Canucks.

If HF ran the Canucks - or a literal potato auto draft - they would be years ahead of where they are now and could have signed an entire second and third line this off-season for cheap.

Management has done worse than doing absolutely nothing other than drafting BPA. And they cost a salary to do that!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Anyone recall at what time in the game that frantic board battle they showed on replay?

Loved everything about that 'scene'..

Where the 4-5 players are desperately hacking the puck... I think Myers and Gaudette were there...

All the elegance and skill and speed of the game... that many times a game requires a hack session along the boards to win possession....

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Let's be honest here. Nobody here wants to see the Canucks lose. A good chunk of us, tank or no, want Benning and his collection of imbeciles gone so we can hopefully get back on track. Sadly, we're not Montreal where a simple tailspin gets the coach fired. Hence why a lot of people support tanking. It's the last hope to maybe wake up Aquilini and move on while our core players are all still young.

That being said, I'm glad for Demko to finally get a shut out. He's earned it. And it's nice to see a convincing win for once.
Very well said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozone

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
bubble demko was great tonight. i didnt expect a W tbh. but the 3 days off helped the guys. 3 deflections goals. see what happens when they take away the goalies eyes. anyways i predict van will go 8-4-2 this month. but they won't make the playoffs. still have to sell off the ufas to be for picks.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Sorry bud, but I have to call you out on this one, a little bit..

The Team is run by an incompetent Team Leader, therefore what 'one' want's to build and what 'one' actually builds are two completely different things.
You can't build a 'winning culture' based on 7 years of continued failure.

People 'get it'...

Bad trades throwing in extra 2nd round picks, letting players just walk, and horrific signings - and I'm not even talking about this last off season..

GM's 'get it'...

By the way, the young guys have already been disillusioned this year. They realize what most of us realize: We are being run in circles, and invariably into the ground - with no horizon.
Hockey Purgatory.

We 'get it'...

I am not defending the tank talk, but I understand that they feel and want the hopeful end of a perpetually bad management group and GM, and the hopeful end game that should be in sight:

Benning gone.

Enough is enough.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Anyone recall at what time in the game that frantic board battle they showed on replay?

Loved everything about that 'scene'..

Where the 4-5 players are desperately hacking the puck... I think Myers and Gaudette were there...

All the elegance and skill and speed of the game... that many times a game requires a hack session along the boards to win possession....

But really...

Does anyone remember what period at least?

Too many drinks in to even guess.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Nice.
Sounds like a Canadiens' fan. I mean that with respect. lol

What's great (and sometimes not) is they don't ever seem to 'paint' themselves into a corner..
Sometimes Liberal.
Sometimes PQ.
Sometimes Con.
I love it.
They never get too attached to one thing - unless it benefits them - and they are not afraid to make changes and move forward.

Maybe Nuck Nation should do the same.
Maybe we all would be better off..

Last edited:

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
No one is letting the young guys get accustomed to losing but Benning and Weisbrod.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Hey Canucks fans. You were actually one of my picks to win the North this year. Happy to see you guys putting some good games together. I knew the team was nowhere near as bad as the start it had. I can still see you guys putting together a run.

I know our fanbases don't always get along, but looking forward to the upcoming game against you guys :)

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Last thoughts:

For those that wondered why Aquaboy said what he said supporting management:

It wasn't to reassure management.

It was to let all the players know (especially those in contract years who see the management problem) who was the boss.

Period.

Is that really building 'a winning culture'?

P.S. Demko is the King of the night - and GP.

Last edited:

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Last thoughts:

For those that wondered why Aquaboy said what he said supporting management:

It wasn't to reassure management.

It was to let all the players know (especially those in contract years who see the management problem) who was the boss.

Period.

Is that really building 'a winning culture'?

P.S. Demko is the King of the night - and GP.

I think it was because Aqua is too cheap to hire any one else to replace them because he has driven all his businesses into the ground.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, that was unexpected. Jets comically unable to muster offence and treated the puck like it was some mysterious object they'd never seen before, but at least Demko gets some relief from the horror this season has visited upon him.

And it's always amusing to see some people really believe that consistently trying to win right now and failing for years on end is somehow less damaging to young players' psyches than when a GM admits to himself a season in lost and actually attempts to make deals and lineup decisions for the future instead of just counting days in front of his face.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can't lose them all, and if you're going to win you like to see key guys like EP, Miller, Schmidt, Hoglander, and Demko do their thing. I think Miller might have actually smiled after he score so the game definitely had a different feel.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
This is so cute.

since Jim Benning took over the team they’ve lost more than all but 4 or 5 other teams.

All the while folks like you praised them for not having a losing culture.

Bo Horvat has been here developing in this losing culture the whole time.

Absolutely love when folks come out with their chests puffed out after a win. They just lost 10 of 13.

Reactions: timw33

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
As much as people like to crap on Myers, I'd hate to imagine the defence without him. Since his rough start to the season, he has probably been the Canucks most consistent defenceman. He looks awkward as hell at times and is certainly overpaid (not his fault) but he has performed well. Would like to see him with Juolevi again because they seemed to be developing decent chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad