Post-Game Talk: Ginger Papa def. Jets with Superior GDT (Nucks win 4-0)

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
This is so cute.

since Jim Benning took over the team they’ve lost more than all but 4 or 5 other teams.

All the while folks like you praised them for not having a losing culture.

Bo Horvat has been here developing in this losing culture the whole time.

Absolutely love when folks come out with their chests puffed out after a win. They just lost 10 of 13.

Horvat put in one of the better playoff performances I’ve seen from a Canuck last year. Easily the best by a captain since Linden in 94.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Horvat put in one of the better playoff performances I’ve seen from a Canuck last year. Easily the best by a captain since Linden in 94.
So the losing culture didn’t effect him? Thanks for making my point.

You still think Benning is better than Dubas?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
You can definitely have young players survive a "losing culture" but when it's gone on as long as it has here you're starting to enter territory of pissing them off, which is a legitimate problem.

Not everyone is going to be as civil about it as the twins.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You can definitely have young players survive a "losing culture" but when it's gone on as long as it has here you're starting to enter territory of pissing them off, which is a legitimate problem.

Not everyone is going to be as civil about it as the twins.
I still believe if the twins thought the guys in charge had any clue they wouldn’t have retired early.

Reactions: supercanuck

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This is so cute.

since Jim Benning took over the team they’ve lost more than all but 4 or 5 other teams.

All the while folks like you praised them for not having a losing culture.

Bo Horvat has been here developing in this losing culture the whole time.

Absolutely love when folks come out with their chests puffed out after a win. They just lost 10 of 13.
Lost more than 2 other teams Buffalo and Arizona.

Quite a few have a warped sense of humor or it is commercial astro surfing, I take it for the astro surfing considering how much it increased once Linden and Benning were hired.

Horvat has never experienced a winning season except for the one 6 years ago. He reminds me alot of Nash, a great player stuck in Columbus until he was finished. But that could never happen to Horvat right? Right?
But Horvat has become very professional, he now understands it all about money and not the game, "settle down and take your millions with a smile on your face"

Nothing like have the last place team get within 1 point and still have a game in hand to help motivate.
Winnipeg had a bad game? Is that even possible?

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

I think Bo says it best himself. This was probably the team's psyche heading into the season. If nothing else, management completely misread the room, and had no idea how important the outgoing players were to the young core on and off the ice.

Reactions: CanuckCity

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
So the losing culture didn’t effect him? Thanks for making my point.

You still think Benning is better than Dubas?

I wasn’t making your point. I was saying the playoff run was important for our young stars.

Why are you bringing up Dubas in a Canucks management thread?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I wasn’t making your point. I was saying the playoff run was important for our young stars.

Why are you bringing up Dubas in a Canucks management thread?
You made a thread/poll about Benning vs Dubas. It’s the management thread. Wonder if you still feel the same.

I feel like you made my point. He still had what you called the best playoff by a captain since 94’ (I don’t agree) after playing on the 2nd worst team over the preceding 4 seasons.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
You made a thread/poll about Benning vs Dubas. It’s the management thread. Wonder if you still feel the same.

I feel like you made my point. He still had what you called the best playoff by a captain since 94’ (I don’t agree) after playing on the 2nd worst team over the preceding 4 seasons.
What does the Benning be Dubas thread have to do with last years playoffs being valuable for the team?

I would be interested to hear why you disagree about Horvat’s playoff performance as a captain being the best since Linden’s

I think last years playoffs were valuable for the young stars. At some point you need to get playoff experience. As a fan it was nice to get to watch playoff hockey and to know that our young stars showed up and came to play in big games. I thought Horvat, Petey, Hughes and Demko all played well and proved to be clutch so far in their limited playoff action.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
What does the Benning be Dubas thread have to do with last years playoffs being valuable for the team?

I would be interested to hear why you disagree about Horvat’s playoff performance as a captain being the best since Linden’s

I think last years playoffs were valuable for the young stars. At some point you need to get playoff experience. As a fan it was nice to get to watch playoff hockey and to know that our young stars showed up and came to play in big games. I thought Horvat, Petey, Hughes and Demko all played well and proved to be clutch so far in their limited playoff action.
I thought Henrik was a better performer than Horvat in any number of playoffs. The bubble and a pandemic have but an incredible amount of focus on a random 17 game sample after 6 months off.

I enjoyed the bubble too. Had nothing else to do but it looks like it was the worst thing for these kids. They thought they were on a good team on the rise and then had a shocking reboot sprung on them.

Reactions: Mr4legs

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Agreed, ..the future of the team is Horvat, Hughes, EP and Demko..Last years playoffs were a big learning experience for them..This season, as crappy as its been, has also been a learning experience for this core group....

Reactions: moog35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad