Gillis vs Torts vs both

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Right your not Toronto-meaning if you rebulid you will have thousands of empty seats.Toronto sells out win or lose that is a big difference between cities

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Right your not Toronto-meaning if you rebulid you will have thousands of empty seats.Toronto sells out win or lose that is a big difference between cities

If the goal is to fill the seats, then drop the prices. No one wants to pay $150 for a seat to watch an old slow team struggle.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
This graph sums up my feelings for Carlyle

BkgmW5lCEAAVRp_.png:large

Agreed.

Here is another

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/451003911113932800/photo/1

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
i'm less worried about losing gillis than i am about what comes after him. he's proven to be very forward thinking and pro-active in enabling this team to win; from sleep science and analytics to having lawrence gilman onside as a hardworking cap guru. tortorella may not be right as a coach, but he's obviously honest, and i believe him when he says that gillis leaves no stone unturned when it comes to giving the canucks an advantage.

i also think gillis treats his players right and has cultivated a very unique value-set in his player selections, and in the guys he's retained; it's an intelligent, professional, often family-centred group that has done guys like kassian wonders. that might not tangibly lead to wins, but it does make me proud of the canucks as a part of the community - and as the club that represents vancouver.

i don't really know if that's easy to replace. i don't know if the priority will be to replace those things specifically. that's why i'm scared - there are a lot of backwards minds in the hockey world, and if we stumble into one of them we may lose our respect as well as our entertainment.

I agree with all of this. If Gillis does go, the best case scenario I see is him moving to President of Hockey Ops only and Gilman assuming the GM position.

hockeytalk21

Nov 11, 2011
They need to bring in a new GM that had no ties to the team if they want a fresh rebuild. I'm unsure about Torts as I don't know if he's lost the confidence of the players. If he has, you gotta let him go, if not keep him.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I question the idea that Edmonton is the right way to rebuild.

Probably didn't phrase it correctly... I'm saying edmonton is not the right way to build. And one of the reasons it hasn't been built correctly is that fans keep filling the arena regardless is the garbage product.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Pretty sure 1040 was saying the Canucks will be making a major announcement about their future this afternoon. Did anyone else hear this?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Calling it right now.

If Gillis is fired, this team will be even worse in the future.

The Aquilinis will either hire some Dinosaur or someone completely unqualified for the job.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
The attitude towards Gillis from fans is a weird one. This stretch under Gillis has been the greatest in franchise history. He's made mistakes and I'm not going to cry if he's fired, but the fans calling for his head actually sickens me a little.

As for torts. Yeah, **** that guy.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
for some reason i was udner the impresion that Carlyle had a hand in developing some of our players like Kesler and Burrows in manitoba?

not advocating for him, but hes got a good history developing our prospects before and we are going to get younger probably relatively soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad